Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wi-Fi Jammers On the Rise

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Infosec
Initiate
Initiate

In our neighborhood, we have seen a spike in burglars using Wi-Fi jammers. These devices disrupt the camera's ability to communicate, upload videos, and issue alerts. Many of my neighbors have experienced this in the last several months. I'm very happy with my Arlo cameras, but, feel this is a major issue that needs to be addressed. Arlo still doesn't offer any wired (PoE) options for outdoor cameras.  I learned that Ring offers a wired PoE camera but prefer to stick with my investment in Arlo if possible. Is anybody else concerned about this or have any feedback? Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is a concern of mine....

but they just took away email notifications angering many, haven't fixed the crappy geofencing, amongst various other issues, and apparently I pay THEM for ME to do my own video verification. So I think that would be a no about Arlo being concerned. I'm 16 Arlo devices deep, and bitter and angry that I've had a year of problems, but can't just ditch them.  I say please cut your losses and get the device that provides PoE. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I appreciate the suggestion, keep an eye on arlo.com for new product announcements.  

Infosec
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks Brooke - Could you please pass this information to your product team or those responsible for considering new features? I'm not sure how to communicate with them. Alternatively, if you have their contact information I would be happy to send it to them directly.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I will pass this information on to the development team.