Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What the F happened to the mode button?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Altius
Follower
Follower

We got accidentally upgraded to the new Arlo app when adding a new camera to our office. Arlo has truly **bleep** the bed on this one by removing the mode button, which allows you to individually arm and disarm cameras, and instead behaves like some old-school wired home security system, this is a cynical ploy by Arlo to up their subscriptions, but for those of us who have cameras in businesses, where a simple home, away and off, setting is of absolutely no use whatsoever, it is a massive disappointment that Arlo is so disconnected from there customers as to not realize this would be a problem. We are an architectural firm with dozens of clients that we have recommended Arlo to and all of these clients have multiple residences. How in earth are you supposed to control multiple residences where you only have three options where before with arm and disarm for each camera you had hundreds of combinations. I will be sending all 14 of my cameras back to Arlo requesting a full reimbursement because the product no longer does what it promise to do . Hugely disappointing. What the hell were they thinking. 

3 REPLIES 3
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can I get more information on how you would like the modes and automations set up? I would be more than happy to help and see if we can get them set up how you are wanting. 

brianbish
Guide
Guide

Brooke, The problem is that you can not individually arm and disarm cameras in the new UI like you could on the old. The only way is to turn off the camera but when you do that; you can not view the cameras live. Many Arlo users are pointing out this issue including myself. I am hoping Arlo fixes this. It is a huge step backwards for the Arlo system and I am very disappointed I was forced to go to this new UI without warning. It sucks..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just go to the current mode and turn off motion detection to disable the camera rather than to turn it off in the camera settings. Works well for me here.