Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMS3130-100NAS base station not recognized. Getting error message that it cannot be found.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
hishii2001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have arlo VMS3130-100NAS.  I am not able to add base station in my arlo app on my cell phone nor in my account using web browser.  If I go through the process of adding the base station, I get an error message saying that base station cannot be found.  The base station is connected to the Internet.  The power is on, and the Internet indicator is lit green.  Yet, when I try to add the base station, it cannot be detected.  I logged in to my Internet router, and I could see that the base station was on my home network.  Pinging to the base station IP address was successful as well, so the base station is on my home network.  Why can't I add my base station?  I've been using the free subscription.  Is my device not supported any more?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this a new setup? You say you've been using the free plan so it would seem like the system is already set up which means you can't claim the base again unless you removed it previously. That would cause the Camera LED to be off or solid amber.

hishii2001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been using Arlo for past few years.  Recently, I had to replace the batteries of cameras, and when I did that with fully charged batteries, the cameras were not responding in the app.  The error said that camera is not connected to base station.  So, I had to redo the setup.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you reset the base as I suggested above? Did you remove all devices from Settings, My Devices before trying to add them back?

hishii2001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your input.  Yes, I reset the base station before posting the message here.  I power-cycled first, and it did not work, so I used tooth pick to push the button in the small pinhole to reset the base station to factory setting.  It didn't work.  Pinging the base station from command line does return, so I am sure that the base station is on my network.  The base station has the Internet LED light in green, so I assume it is also connected to the Internet.

Currently, if I launch app on my mobile device or if I log in to my account via web browser, there is no device associated to my account.  All the cameras were removed during my attempt to have cameras connected to the base station.  It did not work, so I removed base station as well, and now I cannot add base station.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I had a similar problem a while ago. Called the ISP since the modem/router was theirs to see if they were blocking something with no luck. Used a different base and it worked first time. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see what they offer but you may need to buy a new base.