Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC2030AerH8 intermittently does not record

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
markysaunders21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

How come my camera does not record motion even if the spot light comes on when I walk past it.

This is intermittent. It often misses people walking past, but only sometimes.

The system is armed and set to report and record.

I walked past my camera earlier in the dark, the spotlight came on, but the camera did not record me or send out notification.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@markysaunders21 wrote:

This is intermittent. It often misses people walking past, but only sometimes.

The system is armed and set to report and record.

I walked past my camera earlier in the dark, the spotlight came on, but the camera did not record me or send out notification.

How far away were you from the camera?

Do you have activity zones set up?

markysaunders21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

I would be about 1 - 1.5 meters away from my camera which is mounted at a height of aprox 2.2 meters.

I have no activity zones set up.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@markysaunders21 wrote:

I would be about 1 - 1.5 meters away from my camera which is mounted at a height of aprox 2.2 meters.

I have no activity zones set up.

I'm thinking it is angled down a bit towards you?  If so, that should of course work very well.

Do you have another camera you could swap with it?  Then see the problem moves with the camera or stays with the location.

markysaunders21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an other camera I could swap it with. I will give this a try.

Also, there is a delay between live play back and what is actually happening on my cameras. Would this delay be reduced if I had the "Hub"

Am I right in thinking that if I get the "Hub" I can't have remote playback on my PC unless I am physically plugged into the hub?

Would I still get notifications sent to my cell phone if I had the hub?

Also, if I am connected and viewing live and the system attempts to send me a notification, I loose the live pictures??? This is very annoying. Is there a way to rectify this so that live viewing is not interrupted by sending notifications?

Regards

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@markysaunders21 wrote:

Also, there is a delay between live play back and what is actually happening on my cameras. Would this delay be reduced if I had the "Hub"

Not sure, but I don't think it would be substantial.

@markysaunders21 wrote:

Am I right in thinking that if I get the "Hub" I can't have remote playback on my PC unless I am physically plugged into the hub?

No.  With a subscription, your access to recordings would be the same as now.  Without a subscription, you could get direct access to local recordings in the app (but not the browser).  There are other limitations - personally I think the subscription is the better option (using USB storage as backup).

@markysaunders21 wrote:

Would I still get notifications sent to my cell phone if I had the hub?

Yes.