Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000r3 not updating firmware

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice

Today I checked the firmware list for firmware updates and it shows for my VMB4000r3 the latest firmware is:  1.23.0.0_4353_f8a2b18, December 6, 2023.  When I check my device in the app, it show “No Update Available” and the firmware version showing is:  1.21.1.0_4302_9611cf3, obviously not the most current for the device.  My cameras all have the latest firmware, just not the base station.   I did try rebooting the base station but no change and still says no firmware update for that device.

Why is my base not updating??????

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

vpasq,

The most recent firmware release is not available to all regions and all users just yet. Once the firmware is available, your base station will automatically update to the latest available firmware.

JamesC

vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice
Appreciate the info, but the updated firmware was released in December 2023, tomorrow it will be March 2024 and my hub still has not updated. Should I still be expecting it will update and is it usual to take months? Look forward to your reply and thank in advance.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

All updates will take place automatically once they are available. This firmware has taken a bit longer to release than what is normally expected. Once the firmware is available for all regions, your system will automatically update to the latest version.

JamesC

PissedOffArlo
Tutor
Tutor

My VMB5000 hasn’t updated either. What’s the problem?

Apple releases iOS 17.4 in one day and you haven’t managed to release the latest firmware in over 3 months?

vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice

Of note, it’s now going on four months since firmware update was released and still my hub HAS NOT UPDATED! Maybe it only comes at Christmas? (Fingers crossed). The good news, my system does operate without issues, so I guess I can live with the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” mentality and that the lack of the update isn’t costing me. (I guess)