Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000r3 4 camera setup - devices offline

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
G-M-W
Aspirant
Aspirant

Started recently after app update. followed troubleshoot guide all wi-fi working but Arlo app still saying "Your Arlo device appears offline"   Subscribed to monthly sub via app (assuming blackmail) but still no joy from connection. noticed the EOL policy....  kit purchased 2017.  Any suggestions...? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
G-M-W
Aspirant
Aspirant

Success! I removed the cameras and base unit from the app. Closed the app down, then started it again and added devices and followed the prompts on the app. All re-installed and the app came up with live devices. The only difference is I'm now subscribed to £8.99 a month.... but the base unit and all the cameras are now working as they used to!

Hope this helps you?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@G-M-W wrote:

noticed the EOL policy....  kit purchased 2017.  Any suggestions...? 

Not related to the EoL, but you should sort out what cameras you have, so you know their EOL dates.

Likely you either have Pro or Pro 2. 

arlo-pro-vs-arlo-pro-2-1.jpg

@G-M-W wrote:

Started recently after app update. followed troubleshoot guide all wi-fi working but Arlo app still saying "Your Arlo device appears offline"   

Is it the base that appears off line?

What is the LED status?

G-M-W
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,  I've reset the router and base station and have three steady green LEDs on the base... just waiting to see if that changes anything. (I had steady LEDs previously - but I've charged all the cameras as well now) Fingers crossed!

G-M-W
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras are Pro 2 - thanks for the picture! (I wasn't sure..)

G-M-W
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oops! No, my cameras are Pro 1 - with the black edge!

Still no change to my issue. I’m about to start the ‘remove device’ routine on cameras and base, then try adding them back in the app…

jrb5v
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got the exact same issue, which appears to have started right around the time your problem occurred.  Curious if anyone has solved this yet ...

G-M-W
Aspirant
Aspirant

Success! I removed the cameras and base unit from the app. Closed the app down, then started it again and added devices and followed the prompts on the app. All re-installed and the app came up with live devices. The only difference is I'm now subscribed to £8.99 a month.... but the base unit and all the cameras are now working as they used to!

Hope this helps you?