Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3010 will not be discovered by the app

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
urbanforagerx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I inherited an Arlo base station and Arlo cameras (with dead batteries) from a previous homeowner. I would like to get them working again. I've done a factory reset of the base station and connected it to my dual band Netgear Nighthawk. I can see the base station device from the router admin and can also ping the IP successfully from my laptop on WiFi but the app on my phone (which is on the same network) won't find it. The Internet light on the base station is green and flashing when communicating which is to be expected. The camera light is amber because no cameras are synced yet. I've restarted everything multiple times and tried different sequences of plugging things in. Are there any other suggestions here? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
urbanforagerx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fixed this. This time I did a factory reset with the ethernet plugged in and it worked! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried adding the base via your PC browser (my.arlo.com)?

urbanforagerx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick response and good question. It hadn't occurred to me until I posted here but then I tried the web app and it also fails to see the device.

urbanforagerx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fixed this. This time I did a factory reset with the ethernet plugged in and it worked!