Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB 4540 Local storage direct access

Discussion stats
BEJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since a few days I have problem with "Direct Storage Access" in the app I cannot get the "switch" to enable direct access to stay enabled, as soon as I switch on, it switch of directly. anyone experience this, I can watch live videos and if I connect the external disc to PC I can view the videos. The USB symbol in the app is black but grey in the www.arlo.com and the switch for "record locally is green but faded out and I cannot turn off or on.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi @Roman119 

I am waiting on more information from the team. I will update the thread as soon as possible. 

Thank you 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the additional feedback. The team was notified and I will continue to provide you with updates as I receive more info. 

114 REPLIES 114
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Roman119 wrote:

Hello. tell me where the "direct storage access" function disappeared?

Can you confirm that you have a VMB4540 base?

Roman119
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have VMB5000R6. does this have anything to do with it?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Roman119 wrote:

I have VMB5000R6. does this have anything to do with it?

That also supports direct access to local recording, so you should see it.

One (painful) thing you could try is to remove the cameras and base from your account, do a factory reset of the base, and then add everything back.

Roman119
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unfortunately this didn't help either((

ravi007
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS Did you get any feedback from the team ?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ravi007 

I have notified them, just waiting for additional info. I will be sure to report back as soon as I hear more. 

Roman119
Apprentice
Apprentice

Has everyone lost the "direct storage access" function or is it just me???IMG_2193.jpeg

aadasme
Guide
Guide

I’ve updated to version 4.10 and the problem persists! I cannot see my locally recorded videos on my app library nor can I switch on the “direct storage access” on the app, I switch it “on” and it goes back to “off”.  Therefore, although you tell me the new version fixes the issue this is false!! We have been waiting for months for a fix, I’ve paid a lot of money for your products and I cannot access the functionality that you advertise.  How long must we keep on waiting for a fix?? I’ve never encountered this type of issues with a product advertised as high quality like yours, I am fed up and I would not recommend Arlo to anyone else, in fact I will actively discourage anyone from buying Arlo products!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the additional feedback. The team was notified and I will continue to provide you with updates as I receive more info. 

Lada1988
Guide
Guide

Soon 5 months whit this problem. Why does this take so long time? 

Roman119
Apprentice
Apprentice
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this. we have a solution to this issue coming soon. I will update you as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are we still experiencing this issue with the latest App version 4.10.5

aadasme
Guide
Guide

 I have an even later version of the app 4.10.6 (see photo attached) and the two main problems still persist, detailed as follows: 

1. the locally recorded videos are not accessible in the App Library ;

2. When turning “on” the direct storage access option it pops back to “off”;

As stated several times, this issue is yet to resolved after several months of complaints and messages from many users.  Not sure what else we can do so that you listen to us! Out patience is quickly coming to an end!! 

IMG_6665.jpeg

IMG_6666.jpeg

Lada1988
Guide
Guide

I dont want to be rude but are arlos tech/wizards only Working mondays between 09:00-09:30? 

ravi007
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS  Yes, still same issue, even i don't see the switch now for local recording. I had contacted Arlo support and they suggested to move my basestation and cameras to separate account, as on my current account i have another camera with Verisure subscription.

I would appreciate if you can come up with some solution and i can use my same account for all the cameras, i don't want to use another account.

AM107
Aspirant
Aspirant

First of all, thank you for being here to listen to us.

I'm on version 4.11 (7231) for iOS and I too have the same problem:

- I have 1 camera with a Verisure subscription, it was my first one, and it's connected directly to wi-fi, it works as expected;

- I bought a 4-camera pack and a VMB4540 hub, and the hub doesn't show the Direct Storage Access option, and the Library doesn't have any way to select the hub, it only shows the Verisure camera;

- Moreover, the new cameras haven't activated the trial mode, either when connected by wifi or to the hub, to which I should have the right to 3 months free.

I have contacted support for both things and have received absolutely no reply. Even contacting is difficult.

And I suspect this has to do with the Verisure integration. But if so, nobody told me anything, and it shouldn't anyway. I would consider putting the newer 4 cameras in a separate account, but only if I could watch the Verisure seamlessly from the new account AND if I did at last get the 3-month trial I was promised. As this stands, it's false advertising.

Roman119
Apprentice
Apprentice

Only a second account will help enable this magic button

IMG_2832.jpeg

Lada1988
Guide
Guide

Is the second account the only solution to this problem? Because it worked Perfect whit verisure before. Just switch between the cloud and library. Is this problem still under investigation?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lada1988 wrote:

Is the second account the only solution to this problem?

You shouldn't need a second account.

The trial should have kicked in (though with new inventory I think it is only 1 month).  Are you in a country where Arlo offers subscriptions?

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC , @ShayneS @BrookeN ), so they can help escalate.

Lada1988
Guide
Guide

Okey. Yes from sweden!

ravi007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update on this issue ?

aadasme
Guide
Guide

We continue to be ignored with no resolution to this issue.  My initial post was more than 6 months ago, and this was months after someone else had posted a similar issue.  It is pathetic that the only response we've received from Arlo is that "they are working on it" or that "it will be fixed in the next app update", something which did not occur by the way.   The latest is that I recently received an email (see screen shot) from someone from Arlo, to which I responded but I have not heard anything back even after many follow ups.  As I've stated on my occasions, not sure how Arlo can continue to ignore this issue which in many cases, such as mine, made me make the decision to contract with Verisure which ultimately resulted in not being able to access my locally recorded videos.  THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING PURE AND SIMPLE! and a Arlo should be ashamed of themselves!!

Capture.JPG

shochan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update from Arlo technical support? It’s 2024 now, is there any responsible management team can reply on this issue? It’s kind of misleading customer to buy Arlo products.

if arlo products can not match with verisure, please do not allow verisure to use your product, why customer need to suffer from this?

aadasme
Guide
Guide

Unfortunately we are still being ignored, and the issue here is bigger than we thought, as Verisure bought Arlo, therefore they are running the show now.  To me it is inexcusable that after almost a year there is still no resolution to the issue of incompatibility between Arlo and Verisure!! The lack of response from Arlo to this major issue is worrisome, and as you said in your post it is misleading and false advertising of their products and what they can do.

Capture.JPG