Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
BEJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since a few days I have problem with "Direct Storage Access" in the app I cannot get the "switch" to enable direct access to stay enabled, as soon as I switch on, it switch of directly. anyone experience this, I can watch live videos and if I connect the external disc to PC I can view the videos. The USB symbol in the app is black but grey in the www.arlo.com and the switch for "record locally is green but faded out and I cannot turn off or on.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi @Roman119 

I am waiting on more information from the team. I will update the thread as soon as possible. 

Thank you 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the additional feedback. The team was notified and I will continue to provide you with updates as I receive more info. 

114 REPLIES 114
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@aadasme wrote:

Verisure bought Arlo, therefore they are running the show now.  

Not really.  They purchased only the European operations, and Arlo is an American company.  Arlo remains an indepdendent, publicly traded company, and Verisure has no ownership stake.

ravi007
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS Any update on this ? sorry but it's really bad that it's taking so long to fix a software issue.

Roman119
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is there any news, the problem has not been solved in Arlo?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Roman119 

I am waiting on more information from the team. I will update the thread as soon as possible. 

Thank you 

Roman119
Apprentice
Apprentice

Good afternoon! is there any news?

Lada1988
Guide
Guide

I think they never gonna fix the issue? One month whitout an answer

ravi007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it looks like they don’t care. I had a meeting with Arlo and provided all inputs, it’s almost 1 month over but no updates.

Anyways, i added all my cameras to Verisure subscription as I can’t wait anymore for Arlo to fix this issue.

Roman119
Apprentice
Apprentice

yet they achieved their goal((

Lada1988
Guide
Guide

This is for real a serious case of I dont care for arlo 

Vaseyblue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Record locally toggle switch greyed out and unable to use. No recordings from cameras recorded locally.

please help

VMB4540 base station

2 x Arlo pro floodlight

1 x Arlo camera

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've decided to reset everything and am now paying a high price for it. New firmware uploaded to the SmartHub 5000 (1.24.0.0_1606_5df44bb) and local storage isn't working. Tried three different SD cards. Could someone, with the same firmware, please confirm whether it's my SmartHub or a wider issue - please remove and re-insert the SD card. Thank you. 

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Clearly, after removing the SD card, there's a new folder created in the root directory, so this appears to be the new firmware that's causing an issue. However, I'll wait for other reports before stating categorically that it's the case.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@JamesC @ShayneS @BrookeN 

What's more: the new firmware (either for the hub or the original Netgear Arlo HD, FW: 1.6.297) has introduced an option to record for this particular type of camera until activity stops (this option is *only* available on the web), resulting in the camera recording for 5 min., even when the activity is no longer taking place. As far as I know, this particular camera *can't* record until activity stops, but only for a set period of time.  

So, in a way, as a Scots saying goes: it's back tae auld claes an parritch (= business as usual; in this case: fix one thing and break another)

Untitled.jpg 

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Could someone with the same firmware please confirm that their local storage is working properly please?

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@JamesC When will this firmware issue be fixed please? If not anytime soon, please force an update of the previous version to my SmartHub. My subscription runs out at the end of April and I'd like the issue to be fixed by then (22 April to be precise).

Quite frankly, I've not had an incentive to give your company more of my hard earned money, in this case to renew.

(I'm far from being pleased: constant problems with the app/SmartHub/cameras, wasting my time to troubleshoot; new User Experience making things difficult to set up; very poor customer attitude overall which, because of the above, doesn't put the customer at the centre.)

Thank you.