Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
BEJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since a few days I have problem with "Direct Storage Access" in the app I cannot get the "switch" to enable direct access to stay enabled, as soon as I switch on, it switch of directly. anyone experience this, I can watch live videos and if I connect the external disc to PC I can view the videos. The USB symbol in the app is black but grey in the www.arlo.com and the switch for "record locally is green but faded out and I cannot turn off or on.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi @Roman119 

I am waiting on more information from the team. I will update the thread as soon as possible. 

Thank you 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the additional feedback. The team was notified and I will continue to provide you with updates as I receive more info. 

114 REPLIES 114
SkitSur
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still no solution to the problem?

Everything worked before the last update, as it is now the arlo system is completely useless to us

BEJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi, not seen or heard any somution but more and more comments with the same problem. Hope they notice….

shochan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, I think it's the problem of verisure...but after read all those comments...

I know that the root cause is come from Arlo now...

Please quickly fix this, I choose Arlo because I can use the local storage without subscription...

Roman119
Apprentice
Apprentice

Do I understand correctly that the problem has not been solved yet?

SkitSur
Aspirant
Aspirant

Roman119: That is correct

Danik
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue for 2months now. It's really annoying that they don't get it fixed.

Kriszta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same problem here with the recording. Did anyone try to contact Verisure?

BEJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

This problem is not related to Verisure, I have one camera on Verisure and it works fine and can easily access recordings. This problem is Arlo and last week I was contacted by Arlo's 3rd line support for setting up a support call but they came back and stated that the problem has already been registered in their case handling so they are working on it but I was not given and time frame for solution.

ArloUserNL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem and struggle for months now. I specifically bought the smarthub for local video storage and loopback (library or feed). I do have a verisure system and contacted Arlo Support. They suggested me to create a new account, remove all the devices from the verisure account/security plans and the reattached it in the new Arlo only account. i did that. Now i can see the feed instead of library but there is no option in the app "Direct Storage access" anymore. i am able to store new recordings on my smarthub but they are not visible in the smarthub

shochan
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you do so, will you lost the verisure security plan? the device that originally attached to the verisure security plan will become a normal device that not covered by verisure security plan?

If I create a different account to attach my own device, and the other account attach verisure device..I need to switch to different account for monitor different device...it's not user friendly... 

I think Arlo should fix this issue as soon as possible...

ArloUserNL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, in my case it doesn't matter because i only use the base verisure alarm. The extra camera's and doorbel is more for comfort. i unsubscribed my camera from verisure. This is an email proces where they send you a form to remove the device from the verisure plan. You can indeed also create two accounts. One verisure and one arlo. But like you wrote. It didn't fixed the core of my issue. That is: playback a locally recorded video from the app. Hope Arlo wil fixes this because lot of people have problems with this. Most of them seems to spend hours/days troubleshooting this issue (like me). I'm in IT so i know a bit how to troubleshoot and be creative to get IT working but nevertheless the issue still persists, so in my opinion this can only be a bug of some kind. Love the product but hope the fix it otherwise i bought the smarthub for nothing.

avelza
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. VMB 4540, 1 Essential camera tied to Verisure subscription, 1 Essential camera free. The option to 'best record locally' and 'direct storage access' keeps poping back to off, as soon as I turn it on.

Very annoying, Arlo. Please fix it!

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

aadasme
Guide
Guide

I appreciate that we finally have an answer from someone from Arlo, as this issue has been going on for months without even an answer form the company.  I now encounter another issue (one of the many issues I've encountered with Arlo) where my Smarthub will now show me my live camera feeds but it does record the videos in the library.  I tried unplugging the base hub in the chance this would fix the issue and I now have the dreaded amber light and the hub no longer connects to the internet.  Again, yet another issue that it seems that I need to fix it myself, as I've contacted support trough the Arlo app, and they've advised that they are support from North American and they cannot help me, and I was instructed to contact support in my region.  Well I live in Chile, and Arlo does not provide support in South America (see attachment), so what do I do now?? I have been very patient with Arlo, and I cannot take it any longer, although I have to admit that the cameras are great, their application and support are some of the worse I've encountered in a technology company.  I've talked to friends who have Google Nest or some other similar service and they have no issues, and when they do, these are resolved in a timely manner.  I will NOT RECOMMEND Arlo to anyone that asks for my advice and per the reasons stated above.  Horrible service!!

Capture.JPG

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting your router and hub, in that order. The amber LED suggests that the router somehow isn't allowing the hub to connect to the servers.

aadasme
Guide
Guide

I already tried this and unfortunately it did not work.

Roman119
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had the same thing, unfortunately, it was only sending to Arlo to a serving centers
I tried everything that maybe nothing helped

ArloUserNL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, if needed, i have an support case open and  i will assist with troubleshooting this issue if needed. Looking forward to the solution. Sometimes the issue could be complicated but appreciate the attention it now gets.

Roman119
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is the problem still not resolved?
It's been 6 months since they kept silent about this problem

aadasme
Guide
Guide

No, unfortunately no fix as of yet! So all of us that have the same issue, which I believe is tied to accounts with Verisure, paid for a service which we are not getting as I cannot access my local recording on the Arlo app library.  It is hard to believe that Arlo goes into business with Verisure without first confirming that they have compatible software, instead it is the customer who now pays the price without any solutions to our issue.

BEJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I don't have a problem with the Verisure camera but it is not on the local storage unit, Verisure videos are stored in the cloud and for me it works fine, I can access the videos from the Verisure camera but I have 4 cameras directly from Arlo and it is on these 4 cameras that direct access is not working. I think you can fix your problem if you have the Verisure account. Still frustrating for everyone with Direct access functionality on local storage that was the main feature for purchasing Arlo.

aadasme
Guide
Guide

To clarify, my Verisure camera is working fine and I can see the cloud recordings on the Arlo app library, however the two non Verisure cameras recordings which are set up to record locally on the smart hub are not accessible on the Arlo app library.   Also, I spoke to Verisure and they advised that only cameras purchased through them are able to be added to the cloud service, therefore the only option to access the other two cameras in my case are through the smart hub local recordings which again are not accessible on the Arlo app library.  A few months everything worked fine and from one day to the other my local recordings disappeared from the Arlo app library.  Arlo please provide us with an update on this!!

Roman119
Apprentice
Apprentice

they take us for fools, there is no other explanation. they don't seem to care about us

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The issue has been identified and a fix is coming soon. I will continue to prove updates as soon as possible. 

ravi007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you get any timelines from Arlo on software release to fix this issue ?