Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Slow Charging

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KTonyM
Follower
Follower

First, I can't even find what model Arlo I have.  2nd, it indicates that Arlo cameras aren't meant to be charges outdoors....REALLY!  That's where I have them mounted.  3rd, just like the previous post, the charge % started at 29% went to 30% after about an hour and nor won't go past there.  I brought the camera inside.  Still no luck.  What am I supposed to do?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KTonyM wrote:

First, I can't even find what model Arlo I have. 

There are two ways you can tell.

One is to go into the support area of the app (not my.arlo.com) and select the camera.  Scroll down to the product ID field, and you will find the camera part number you have.  If you post that part number in a reply, we can translate that into a more friendly name for you (for instance, the VMC4030 would be the Arlo Pro).

The second way is to look at the camera.  If the camera can be taken out of the shell, then do that and also remove the batteries.  You'll then see the label.  If the camera cannot be taken out of the shell, then look closely at the area where the charging port is for some fine print.  It is low contrast, so hard to spot (and read).  If it's not there, then look at the bottom of the camera (the new Essential Gen 2 cameras have the model information there).  Again, very fine print, so you might want take a picture, and then zoom it up.

@KTonyM wrote:

2nd, it indicates that Arlo cameras aren't meant to be charges outdoors....REALLY!  

That depends on both the camera and the charger.  You should be using an outdoor-rated charger + cabling, especially if you want to keep them on AC power all the time.

That said, I have used indoor chargers outdoors when the weather is good, and never had any issues.