Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
BRiles
Tutor
Tutor

Recent app update removed ability to see mode (arm/disarm) on shared devices.  This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the feedback. We're still investigating these reports. We will continue to provide updates once we have more information to share.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We're currently investigating reports from some users experiencing an issue with changing modes on accounts using the Grant Access feature. We will provide an update once we have more information to share.

79 REPLIES 79
madar1a
Guide
Guide

Hello!

I updated iOS app to 4.12 yesterday and Base Station disappeared from the Mode section. I'm logged in as shared user. I've tried a few troubleshooting options:

- logged out and logged in all users, including owner

- deleted shared user and shared all devices with them again (and granted admin access)

- reinstalled the shared user's app

- restarted Base Station

- tried adding Base Station again.

Nothing helped. Shared user doesn't see Base Station in the Mode section so they cannot turn on and off the cameras. The main user/owner is using older version of the app and everything works fine there.

Is this a bug in the app? Or what else can I try to fix this?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@madar1a wrote:

Is this a bug in the app? 

Several folks have reported this issue, so I think it is a bug in the app.

cambaync
Star
Star

Just wanted to add that this was working fine yesterday (Feb 20, 2024).

rosiey
Aspirant
Aspirant

After the most recent app update, the mode feature is blank on my iPhone 6SE IOS 17.3.1 so I can't arm or disarm through this feature.  I have to hold down the app icon and arm/disarm, but then I can't check to see if it did it or not.  I have to check with the main user to find out if it did.  Such a pain.  Please fix.  Thanks.

Humvee5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 base stations. One of my two base stations no longer appears under the My Devices list in the Mode tab. Both devices were there several days ago. Has anyone else experienced this in the last few days?

Background

I have a VMB 3000 (Downstairs) with 5 cameras and a VMB 4000 (Upstairs) with 4 cameras.  Each base station has its own account and I have granted admin rights/access to both accounts and I can see and activate any of the 9 devices/cameras manually through either account and that continues to work fine.

And for years I could see in the Mode tab on my iPhone and iPad both my devices Upstairs and Downstairs listed. 

As of a few days ago only one base station shows up under the Mode tab where there were two listed a few days ago. I’m pretty sure there was a software update a few days ago. 

So while I can see all 9 devices listed and I can manually trigger any camera, I can no longer Arm and Disarm both base stations at the same time with one tap. 

I’m back to having to log into each of the two accounts (base stations) separately to Arm and Disarm the base station.  A bit of an annoyance.

Has this happened to anyone and how did you fix it?

Oyvibakk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here - my wife has a blank page on the "mode" screen after the upgrade to 4.12 - not able to activate or deactivate the system. I am the administrator and mine is OK. Any suggestions, Arlo?

Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having same problem. Mode screen is now blank. Have tried several fixes: deleted and reinstalled app a couple times, and restarted phone a few times. Checked all the settings. Screen is still blank. Have used app for years with no problem until a couple days ago.

MitchCity
Aspirant
Aspirant

Remove all authorized users, 

Delete all trusted devices, Log out on all Devices, delete app, reinstall app and login one device at a time. 

That worked for an unrelated problem where I was unable to see videos in the feed. Maybe it will help for your problem as well?

LRZ7100
Aspirant
Aspirant

After our  Arlo Pro 2 system updated to version 4.12.0_9 we can no longer control the mode settings

from shared devices, has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix to correct it?

Criescries
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updated Arlo app to most recent version and now unable to change modes. I am the admin and my dad is no longer able to turn on/off the modes. I checked and he has full admin control unsure how to fix this. 

TimC1978
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since Arlo Secure v4.12 was updated, those I’ve granted access to the camera system no longer have the ability to Arm and Disarm the cameras. The Mode screen is completely blank on their screen. We’ve both updated to v4.12

Criescries
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having this same issue. 

madar1a
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same issue on iOS after updating the app. I wish Arlo support provided an update on this.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the feedback. We're still investigating these reports. We will continue to provide updates once we have more information to share.

Thierry0303
Aspirant
Aspirant

I granted my partner administrator right to arm and disarm. She cannot see the arm or disarm under the Mode tab. It's just disappeared four days ago.

please help

Randsom
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wife cannot access the Mode section on the Arlo Secure app.  This just started happening this morning.  She has had access to it for over 5 years until today.  I removed the app, no fix.  I removed her from the account, removed the app.  Re-invited her, re-installed the app, everything loads except the Mode page.  This does her no good to turn on/off the cameras when she leaves home.

Any assistance is appreciated.  iOS, updated this evening hoping that would fix the issue, did not.

Jwider917
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have a blank mode screen. Come on Arlo fix this.

Jvaldez01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, my daughters brought this to my attention. They no longer had access to arm or disarm. This really needs to be fixed immediately!!

smartinelli1970
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Just started today .

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No iOS here but there are a number of threads currently that report the latest iOS app not showing shared bases in Mode. I suspect  you have run into that issue, too. If you log directly into each account, it should work.

QP3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Arlo, I see my mode screen is back on all devices! Have a fab Friday🤗

Tpluscs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can confirm modes for shared devices is back

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing all your feedback. You should now be able to adjust your modes with no further action needed. Please let us know if you still experience this behavior. 

TravelBear
Tutor
Tutor

Have you looked again at the access granted, including the toggle button for Access Rights? 

I've had an issue with it switching off and removing access on it's own.  I turn Access on, logout and when I log back in, it's turned off again. 

If you look at their entry under 'people' and it has anything other than 'Admin' then they have lost their full access, which would mean no mode control.  Even with full admin access, they can choose between the three modes but can't go into those modes to configure the options of what each mode does.

If it says 'Admin' and the screen is still blank, then there is a whole other level of issue. 

BRiles
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you Arlo team for the fix!