Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
BRiles
Tutor
Tutor

Recent app update removed ability to see mode (arm/disarm) on shared devices.  This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the feedback. We're still investigating these reports. We will continue to provide updates once we have more information to share.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We're currently investigating reports from some users experiencing an issue with changing modes on accounts using the Grant Access feature. We will provide an update once we have more information to share.

79 REPLIES 79
Mugsmt
Star
Star

Agree…I have a series of cameras on two accounts and now have no ability to change mode on one or the other…

dansta
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem, latest update removed mode access and this needs attention, as it showed this as an issue for users in July 2023.

Shivster
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issues. When is Arlo app team going to take this seriously?

Mugsmt
Star
Star

One work around…press and hold the arlo icon on your iPhone desktop…you have the option of arming/disarming all cameras to include shared…just won’t work within the app…come on Arlo, fix this…

Krobins78
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has been a few days and the mode section of my app is blank. I can not access the modes and it’s very frustrating. I’m using an iPhone. Everything is up to date. I signed out, uninstalled still nothing. I also restarted the base station. I wasn’t even messing with it, I’m not sure if there was an update for it a few days ago that messed it up. Please help

Dava84
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still have the same issue. I'm the main administrator. My wife is a user and she can't see anything in the screen "mode", it's blank. I update my iPad to the new version of the app and fortunately i can access everything but she doesn't. I'm afraid to update also my iphone app because if i will have the same issue we will not be able to activate o deactivate the system.

Any suggestions from support?

Shivster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried that method also. Doesn’t work on linked account. Also deleted and reinstalled app. Which doesn’t work. It’s an app issue after latest update. 

jaykay007
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here too...I can access the Mode tab in the app but my wife's iPhone 13 shows a blank screen.  Very frustrating.

SheilaFr
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo,

This is becoming seriously annoying that every few version updates, my option to change the MODE in the app disappears! My spouse has given me access to allow me to make any changes.

I need this solved ASAP!!!!!!

SheilaFr
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue for me as shared user. I can go into the Devices section to shut down individual cameras, but can't change the mode. I tried holding down the app icon to get to the list, that's all the access I have too. This is getting ridiculous that this is a repeated issue. 

ArloUserFor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have experienced exactly the same issue. Mode screen is blank on my iphone after I updated the app this week. Tried everything, uninstalled and reinstalled app, and did not fix issue. Cannot Arm or Disarm any cameras now. Please help.

Ronny1202
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

After the app update on version 4.12. (7365) my partner can‘t see the mode button anymore. I granted her full access. 

Blk269
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just so no one feels alone. Have the same issue here main account holder (me) everything thing is fine since last update my wife who has total granted access and has had for years now has no mode option just a blank screen. Was on the phone for about an hour with support which had me do what I’d already done (delete reinstall etc) multiple times did nothing. Supposedly they’re looking into it. Renders the system useless for my wife home alone!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We're currently investigating reports from some users experiencing an issue with changing modes on accounts using the Grant Access feature. We will provide an update once we have more information to share.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which model iPhone this issue is occurring with as well as iOS version?

Thanks 

Bruno235
Aspirant
Aspirant

In my case, I have 2 main users as I do have 2 stations (5 cameras each one). I invited my partner and she can see all cameras and arm/disarm them within mode tab (she has a Samsung phone). After doing that, I can always see the mode tab, but only for the ones I'm using for that login and viceversa (as I invited one main account to the other and in the past I could see and have mode rights with any of the main accounts).

Also tried to create a new account and I invited that last one from each of the main accounts (same procedure I did to invite her) but it shows black in the mode tab, despite I can see all cameras.

It happened after the last IOs update, so It might have to do with that as other people mentioned.

Another fact to confirm that is that I restarted my old iphone 12 pro which has not the latest IOs update and it works perfectly fine with the same config.
Hope ARLO can fix this ASAP.

Bruno235
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an iPhone 14pro with iOS 17.3.1

Fnas
Aspirant
Aspirant

My husbands phone is an iPhone 12 running version 17.2.1

TJono
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. This needs to be fixed asap!

Tpluscs
Aspirant
Aspirant

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17.3.1

QP3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m using both iPad 5 version 17.2  and also iPhone 14 version 17.2.1

Mode screen shows blank on both

cmr66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Experiencing the same issue as well. My husband has tried multiple things, but my Mode screen remains blank.

A_Million
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mach dem letzten Update kann ich den Modus auf meinem iPhone 15 pro max nicht mehr sehen, und somit das System nicht aktivieren oder deaktivieren. Auf anderen Geräten funktioniert es. Allerdings hat die App keinen Zugriff mehr auf das lokale Netzwerk. Den kann ich aber auch nicht gewähren, bzw. die App hinzufügen. App löschen, Ein- und ausschalten hat keine Veränderung gebracht. Hat noch jemand dieses Problem bzw. eine Lösung für mich?

cambaync
Star
Star

Same here...My husband (the account owner) can access the Mode tab in the app.  However, on my iPhone 14 Pro the app shows a blank screen.  He checked and I have full permissions.  This needs to be fixed now! Using iOS 17.3.1 and Arlo version 4.12 (7365).

dansta
Tutor
Tutor

Using an iPhone 12 Pro

iOS version - 17.2.1

arlo version - 4.12