Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Shared Device Mode not Working

Discussion stats
BRiles
Tutor
Tutor

Recent app update removed ability to see mode (arm/disarm) on shared devices.  This needs to be fixed ASAP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing all your feedback. You should now be able to adjust your modes with no further action needed. Please let us know if you still experience this behavior. 

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the feedback. We're still investigating these reports. We will continue to provide updates once we have more information to share.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We're currently investigating reports from some users experiencing an issue with changing modes on accounts using the Grant Access feature. We will provide an update once we have more information to share.

79 REPLIES 79
KiwiKiteboarder
Aspirant
Aspirant

My husband holds the Arlo account and has granted access to me. It worked fine for a while but then suddenly I was unable to change modes. I just get the whirly gig of death and nothing happens. My phone is running the latest iOS. I was hoping an App update would fix things but that was no help too. I am able to access and turn cameras on/off and can view the feeds that come through. I just can’t change the mode.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A few things to try:

1) Have hubby verify that your shared access account includes the optional access rights.

2) Reboot the phone and reinstall the app to get rid of any weirdness that may have popped up.

KiwiKiteboarder
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry I should have clarified, we had tried those strategies already 😟

Bustersu24
Initiate
Initiate

Don’t upgrade the IOS app to 4.12 (7365) dated Jan 31, 2024 😡. I lost the ability to change modes Arm Disarm and Custom modes on Shared Arlo hubs! Has anyone figured out if there is a fix yet?

Jhering
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. I did not find a solution. We have to wait for an update I guess.

JzCastle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a similar problem.

I am the admin and everything works as normal. I have shared user rights to my wife and her mode-page is empty, nothing shows in that page. She can see the cameras and view live feed but can't see / change any modes.

I have tried deleting, re-installing the app various ways but no help. I also deleted her access rights and added them again with no suceess.

Bruno235
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 stations with 5 cameras in each and 2 email accounts (one per station). I have invited one account with the other with full access rights and all was working well. 

All of the sudden I can see only the mode option in each account for the cameras in that station but not for the invited ones using my phone (iphone 14pro) but logging in with my computer (mac) I can see them both. In each account I can see both stations mode with the computer but with the phone only the one I'm logged in. I deleted the app reinstalled a few times but it doesn't work, Any ideas please!!! Many thanks in advance!

Dester68
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I‘m sharing access with my wife.  Lately she can‘t have access to Modes button to arm or disarm our cameras, this on her iPhone 13 Pro Max with iOS 17.3.1.  App version is 4.12.

She can do in her iPad, but not the iPhone.  We have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, logged out, restarted the phone…all the typical troubleshooting dances.

Is this a known issue or are there any other recommendations we could follow?  It’s quite annoying.

K120
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same. I tried removing the app from my phone, restarting base station. Nothing has fixed it. Very frustrating that it’s been going on for a few days and there’s been no fix. 

NathanBonn
Initiate
Initiate

Since the new update on the iPhone, I cannot access the Modes function. The main account user has allowed me main access but there still is no way to access Modes 

AndrewNZ
Initiate
Initiate

Hi, I have the same issue as you on an iPhone 14, with the same iOS and app versions.  What we found is if you hold your finger on the app icon a menu pops up with options to arm all, disarm all, and schedule all devices. I hope that helps as a workaround until Arlo fixes the bug (which they had in previous versions).

BRiles
Tutor
Tutor

It works fine on the web version so it is an app issue.

Tpluscs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here on 6 iOS devices in the family. Please fix this error! 

Tpluscs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exact same issue on several iOS devices within the family. Please fix this!

QP3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same issue with mode page of app being blank after installing 4.12 on my Apple devices, meaning I cannot arm or disarm cameras. Like many others I have tried all the suggested troubleshooting suggestions without success. Hopefully Arlo is aware of this issue and is working on rectifying asap😟

Mikewlitt
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here. The long press on the app works. But can’t do it within the app. This is a problem that happened about 6 months ago and they fixed it.  

Ireland_userA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue since the new upgrade. This has been going on for the last number of days - my wife has a blank mode screen so she can no longer arm/disarm the cameras from her account. Is there any sign of an update or fix for this?

Ireland_userA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I should also say we removed the app and reinstalled, recycled base station and all of the diagnostic steps we could think of to no avail. Is this down to a new version of the app requiring to be developed and rolled out to all users?

CMerriman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same glitch on the latest iOS version of the app. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but that did not fix the issue.

To clarify the actual issue, when you go to the Mode tab (between Library and Settings), the screen is just black. There is nowhere to tap to arm or disarm all the cameras. I am not the main account holder - the app on that device is not experiencing this glitch.

The developers need to get their **** together and fix this.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CMerriman wrote:

To clarify the actual issue, when you go to the Mode tab (between Library and Settings), the screen is just black. There is no where to tap to arm or disarm all the cameras. I am not the main account holder (the app on that device is not experiencing this glitch).

Does the main account also show "Library" as an option?  Or does it show "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

Tpluscs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue in my family. Under modes I only see my devices. I cannot see (and therefore change modes) on the devices that others have shared with me. Please fix this!

Tpluscs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue in my family. This seems to be the case for iOS users with the latest Arlo app update. Under modes I only see my devices. I cannot see (and therefore change modes) on the devices that others have shared with me. Please fix this!

CMerriman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Main account holder device shows the same options at the bottom of the app screen, Devices, Library, Mode, and Settings.

I removed myself from the main account, uninstalled the app from my phone, reinstalled the app, and then re-granted access to my device via the main account holder phone. This did not fix the issue. Mode screen is still blank on my device, which means I have no ability to arm or disarm all the cameras. 

The Mode screen works fine on the main account holder device.

Kentucky3535
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just updated to Arlo Secure 4.12 and shared access rights have been granted to my wife. Now she is unable to access the Mode settings to turn cameras on and off as needed. We have Apple devices if that helps? Any suggestions? I’ve already deleted and re-added her and that didn’t fix the problem.