Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Replacement for OG Arlo Pro camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Wyattlc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an original Arlo Pro camera that is no longer working.  The other 3 cameras are fine--it was a bundle that I purchased at Costco.  It comes with a base but we do NOT pay a monthly subscription.  I cannot fit

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your base should be a VMB4xxx - check the bottom of the base to be sure. If so, you can use any of the new cameras but you'd need to purchase a single camera plan for cloud recordings once the trial subscription runs out. It's possible that you can find a used Pro or Pro 2 camera instead but they won't be new and the original owner needs to have removed the camera from his account.

Wyattlc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the information.  I truly appreciate it.

If I get the Essential Camera and add it to my base,  am I able to see the recordings on my phone, as I do with the Arlo Pro cameras?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wyattlc wrote:

If I get the Essential Camera and add it to my base,  am I able to see the recordings on my phone, as I do with the Arlo Pro cameras?

It doesn't matter whether the camera is added to the base, or connected directly to your home wifi.

Either way you'll need a subscription to see the recordings.  You will get 30 days of storage - so  more retention than the free 7-day recordings you get with the Pro.