Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Remote access to local storage on Arlo Smart Hub VMB 5000

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Technothought
Aspirant
Aspirant

Until recently, I was able to remotely view videos stored on my VMB5000 smart hub using port forwarding on my tp-link VX220-G2V modem. However, that function has stopped working.

Remote "Live View" still works and I can still remotely change the armed status, but cannot view recorded videos.

Videos are being recorded on the VMB5000 SD card and can be viewed when on the LAN.

I use the Arlo Secure App on my Android phone which until early April was working as expected.

VMB5000 settings are unchanged but when I tap "Port Forward   Enabled > " Status shows "Not Available" .

The VX220-G2V NAT port forwarding/virtual server settings (IP address and ports) have not changed.

Therefore, I am at a loss as to why the I can't remotely view the recorded videos anymore.

Yes, I has now reset the VMB5000, entered the new port details into the VX220-G2V modem and turned both the modem and smart hub OFF for 30 seconds to cause a reboot. But I still cannot remotely view the videos.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Check that the ports are actually open using https://canyouseeme.org/ on a PC.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Check that the ports are actually open using https://canyouseeme.org/ on a PC.

Technothought
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen, 

I have now used the port checking tool and the port is CLOSED. I will now check with the ISP to determine why it is closed or blocked, and check my fire wall again to see if it is blocking the port.

Technothought
Aspirant
Aspirant

The port forwarding is now working after discussing the issue with my ISP.  I am not sure what the actual problem was due to my difficulty in understanding the assistants accent. The good news is that I once again have remote access to videos stored on my Arlo VMB 5000 smart hub.