Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problem with syncing 2 out of 3 VMC3030 cameras. Tried removing battery and resetting Base Station.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Yutani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have an problem with syncro of cameras,

I'm using set of vmb3000 with 3 vmc3030 cameras - all was working fine untill one time when two from three cameras have finished bateries. After putting new batteries cameras did not connect with base station as usual. I have removed them from devices, of course open/close battery door, reset base station few times and still. Last camera is sycnronizing without any problem and thoes two... no. 

They are working because light on them is blinikng slow blue. When I press sync button on base station green light is blinking, when I press sync on camera, one is doing nothing - after few trails only "smart home" light is starting to blink, second camera is trying to connect but after few seconds from blue light is turining orange and whole process stops.

Did anybody had some similiar expirience?

Best Regards

Adam

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can attempt this without the app or web...

pull battery, replace, Push quick on base sync button ( do not hold ) and then camera.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Yutani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Helllo,

Thanks for answer,

Belive me - I have try to do this several times...

Without success unfortunatelly

What is more disturtubing is that I have bought today fourth camera - and this one have sync without any problems and works properly,

Any other idea?

Adam

Yaths
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good day,

I have the VMC 3030 arlo wire free cameras as well. I have the same problem as you. 2 of my cameras batteries were flat and when i inserted recharged batteries, the blue sync light comes on but does not sync with the base station.

I have been using these cameras for the last two years and no problem. I have rechargeable batteries and the camera usually syncs when the batteries are replaced. I tried several times but no luck. I changed the batteries but no luck as well. I tried removing the cameras from the Arlo app and adding them back but i am unable to find the cameras in the Arlo app even after pressing the sync button on the camera and on the Base Station.

Not sure if there is a network issue or what. My Base Station and phone where the Arlo app is on is on the same wifi network. Hopefully it will resolve itself over the next few days.

Regards

Yaths

Yutani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Yaths,

Exactly like my problem,

I forgot to write it before - i have also try to look for cameras in aplication but without any success.

The were working for last half of year without any problem,

Fact - bateries ware lasting for two-three weeks but there was no problem after exchanging befor,

Best Regards

Adam

Yaths
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Adam,

I had a chat to the Arlo Support earlier and they gave me a few methods to try. Try an offline sync. Press and hold Sync button on base station for 3 seconds, there after, press and hold Sync button on camera for 3 seconds. Keep the camera and base station at least 1 meter. Some times when it is too close or side by side, it fails to sync.

I am at work at the moment. I will try it later when i get home and let you know the outcome. My other cameras seem to be working just fine. I found that in the last two weeks, the two cameras that are not syncing were going offline for no reason. Batteries were not flat and were in range of the base station.

Regards

Yaths

Yutani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Yaths,

It is some idea - I did not try it before,

Same - evening I will test it when I will get back from work,

Thanks for tip,

Best Regards

Adam

Yutani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Yaths,

I have made few trails today,

Unfortunatelly without any success...

I hope You had better luck....

Best Regards

Adam

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Yaths and Yutani,

Try referring to this article to try troubleshooting your Arlo camera to sync with your Base Station/SmartHub: My Arlo camera will not sync with my SmartHub or base station; how can I troubleshoot it?

Yaths
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello. Please note that after multiple attempts trying different solutions given by Arlo support, none worked. Cameras were still not syncing. I decided to reset the Base Station and remove the Base Station entirely and re-add it.

After re-adding it, I added each camera again (a tedious process of climbing a ladder for each one). The two cameras that were not syncing before synced just fine.

The problem is now resolved. Looks like this is the only way.

Regards
Yaths
Yutani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JessicaP,

This solution I have try several times - without luck...

As for Yaths  - greate to read this!! 🙂

I have already reseted base station also few times - unfortunatelly only this one camera that is synced already I can sync again,

Two that are not willing to cooporate no...

I will try like You have wrote - tedious process on weekend again,

Best Regards

Yutani