Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Power Cut!!!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RockerSBM
Guide
Guide

Hi Netgear/Arlo,

I had 2 small power cut/outages for about 20 mins to 30 mins. I went to my house to check the arlo cameras were working as I was able to log in from a surface to view the cameras and the cameras were working. I could click on them to view live stream, but when I got to my house and walked around none of the 3 cameras picked up any motion. I did it a few times and still nothing! I turned the base station off and back on, waited then I walked around again and guess what; the cameras picked up motion and got the links sent to my WINDOWS PHONE!!! (hint; currently no windows phone app)

So Netgear/Arlo there needs to be a firmware update out quickly for this bug; people think that because there was a power cut the cameras are working when they are not.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Cheers

Shaun

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The links are only available from the emails which are obviously platform independent.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I had 2 small power cut/outages for about 20 mins to 30 mins. I went to my house to check the arlo cameras were working as I was able to log in from a surface to view the cameras and the cameras were working. I could click on them to view live stream, but when I got to my house and walked around none of the 3 cameras picked up any motion. I did it a few times and still nothing! I turned the base station off and back on, waited then I walked around again and guess what; the cameras picked up motion

This is one of the reasons , esp if your not near the camera location to have a UPS on your base unit...

Several reports of power outages in past and the base loses contact with the cameras which requires a restart of the base ( some times the cams need to be reset  to function )

A small ups on the base will get you through short term outages, the base never looses contact with the cameras and comes back up fully functional.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RockerSBM
Guide
Guide

Hi TomMac,

Can't any firmware updates fix the bug???

Cheers,

Shaun