Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Paid secure plan associated with wrong account

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
NoJoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

At one point I had two homes with the limit of 5 Arlo cameras at each home and separate accounts.  I sold the original home and only have one account for my existing home.  I recently bought the ultra camera kit and unlimited camera secure plan.  I received the 16 character code to enable the plan, but I get an invalid response.  I tried my computer, my phone, my wife's phone, all give invalid.   I suspect the problem is that the code was assigned to the email address I used to purchase the kit, which is the one for my former home and not the one for the current account. 

I've tried to get help through the chat bot, I called the corporate headquarters and vectored to a different number, but I can't reach a human being because Arlo says I don't have a valid subscription.  This is very frustrating and I'm currently out $130 for a secure plan I can't enable, since it is likely for the old inactive account, meanwhile I have no video recording the for ultra kit I bought.

I think a few minutes with a real person could resolve the issue.  If not I guess I'll have to challenge the purchase and see if I can claw back my $130 and try signing up for the right account.

I give them an F for customer support at this point in time.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras should have been put into a trial subscription when you added them to your account.  It sounds like you are saying that didn't happen.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC , @BrookeN , @ShayneS ) so they can assist.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @NoJoy 

Thank you for the update, I have notified Support, and someone will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

lacbills
Aspirant
Aspirant

i activated the paid secure account with wrong email. i want to use it on my arlo email account instead. it was just activated yesterday, please resend my a new activation code and cancel my old one. i think that way it can work. Please advise.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@lacbills 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have escalated this for you and Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.