Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

TheMayor207
Tutor
Tutor

I have been using the same email address for a few years. 5pm yesterday my email alerts stopped. Push alerts are still working fine. I have verified my email address, cycled email alerts on and off, restarted my base station etc. 

nothing is working 

Best answers
421 REPLIES 421
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TUKhS5Ays4Ez wrote:

Android

I use an iPhone myself.

Doesn't sound->do not disturb in the Android settings do what you need?

TUKhS5Ays4Ez
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, I've either losing sound the entire day or getting woken up in the middle of the night.  Security System has been pretty much worthless since the loss of email alerts.

ryangllghr
Initiate
Initiate

Yeah, I'm done with Arlo. I was away for three months and they nerfed my alarm system in the middle of my trip. What is the point of a security system that is disabled without warning. 

rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Up until a few months ago, I was receiving email notifications from those cameras that I wanted to send information.  I have an email account that receives and records all of these emails.  It seemed about a month ago, this stopped happening.  When I checked the email account, there was nothing new.  I went back using MODE to the Camera in question.  I used to be able to identify an email account where to send the information.  Today, all I see is a greyed out PUSH NOTIFICATIONS.  No way to identify an email account.  Per ARLO instructions, I should be able to set up the email address to receive notifications.  Could this all happened when the end of life announcement came for ARLO?  I understand the end of support, luckily through so many or the support folks here, I have a solid ARLO monitoring system.

Is there a way I can force sending email notifications to a specific email address?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Email notifications for arlo motion stopped for me on 22 Nov 2023.

There has been no official notification or acknowledgement  from arlo that this feature had been deprecated.

Some discussions on the forum point to the lack of emails to be the result of the Arlo EOL policy being activated.

The arlo policy identifies the email notification service being made redundant for EOL products.

The timing and scope of the email discontinuation, to also include all arlo products suggests that it is less related to the EOL policy and more to reduce running costs by quietly removing features.

This approach is obviously meant to reduce customer backlash.

My older arlo app still displays the email notifications option but in later app versions it has since been removed.

The above confirms arlo intent to use silent deprecation going forward.

I guess this is nothing new for arlo.

rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Danny

i am tending to agree with you what’s strange is that I continue to get an email when a given camera battery is low. But I no longer receive the actual videos.  That tells me there is a different software path used when batteries are low. But today I can’t even see where I set that uo or could change it

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Yes, the battery notifications are still occurring which is good, push notifications for both battery and motion are still working.

The battery alerts go to the account email address from what I understand as they are a system alert seperate to an operational motion alert which was set able within the app camera rules.

There is a IFTTT third party interface that may let you configure camera activity events that could work but have no experience to offer. I don’t believe that arlo has kept the api interfaces up to date so may not work anymore.

spbpp
Initiate
Initiate

I have exactly the same issue!! Did you ever get an answer? Your post was several months ago.

lostit
Guide
Guide

No answer from Arlo, but many replies from other users in the same situation. Arlo seem to have shot themselves in the foot over this. Not very good business sense I think. I still get advertising emails from Arlo though...

Dinostones
Star
Star

Waiting for Arlo to reinstate email alerts. Getting ready to file another complaint with the BBB. This is infuriating. Also looking at alternative systems if Arlo continues to be useless for security.

Alouis
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, see my earlier post. IFTTT currently integrates seamlessly. It is a good work around. Although Arlo should have continued this basic functionality of sending e-mail notifications themselves. 

Dinostones
Star
Star

I am having a hard time visualizing IFTTT with three locations. The email alerts should never have been removed, and that's my stance.

If you can suggest how I can get email alerts for all locations, to include the video, I'm all eager ears.

Thank you. I saw your posts earlier, and am grateful that you are being more helpful than Arlo!

Hallelujah
Star
Star

I have given up on geofencing ... too many diagnostics tests, support requests and obvious app failures for me.  I am using SmartThings which is simple and reliably translates device(s) location into actions.  It will not arm /disarm the Arlo hub, but it will turn cameras on and off which has teh same result.  Leave the Arlo system armed all the time and just switch on cameras when leaving home, and off when arriving back.  This will include other users as well if you invite them into your SmartThings account.  However it will not as far as I know send an email.  Which is fine for me as it does send notifications and control other smart devices i.e. light bulbs or switches, which could be used to indicate activations.  Good luck with the options!

Dinostones
Star
Star

All my cameras on all my systems are battery driven.

With multiple hubs, one can only be logged into one at a time (to receive push notifications). The email notifications were a way to consolidate locations. I'm hoping Arlo brings back the email functionality, soon.  I have found a couple of great camera systems, though. If Arlo doesn't act fast, I will buy a couple different systems, perform perfunctory testing and publish my results here, and on X, for all to enjoy.,

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dinostones wrote:

With multiple hubs, one can only be logged into one at a time (to receive push notifications). 

The "Friend" feature is supposed to resolve this.  If you share the cameras to an account using that feature, then that account should receive all the notifications.

(That said, I think removing email notifications was a mistake).

Alouis
Tutor
Tutor

Including the video, I can't help with that

I used to have a relative loud noise from the Arlo notification combined with the e-mail notification having Arlo mail account defined as VIP with a separate sound. That combination would wake me up at night.

Now with iOS17 the notification volume went down combined with Arlo discontinuing e-mail notification.

So I starting using IFTTT to receive an e-mail, combined with defining IFTTT e-mail as VIP with a separate sound.

Having said all this; this removal of e-mail notification functionality is a significant loss in the value that Arlo did bring, I really cannot think of a good reason to put this functionality to EOL.

Crossb0nes
Initiate
Initiate
I am just finding out this info. I run a youth park and we used the emails to notify the different program admins of activity. This is a MAJOR flaw that should be added back.
JCC60
Apprentice
Apprentice
They already have you money, so they don;t care. They are the worst . The only thing you can do is put honest reviews on Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart and any other place you can think of that sells their products and warn consumers that if they purchase Arlo products the features they think they are getting may not be working for very long.
lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice
I already gave up on them. My ancient cameras don't require a subscription, so I'll use them until they break. Also bought some light bulb cameras for outdoors. They don't do email either, but they're extremely cheap so at least I'm getting what I paid for.
MacManOz
Tutor
Tutor
The ARLO service is going down hill quickly. I will be starting to look for another brand when I upgrade my cameras. Email alerts was the main way I viewed my alarm footage. Now I get push alerts then go to the app and there isn’t any footage…? So unreliable I can’t trust my ARLO cameras anymore.
sawyer8
Aspirant
Aspirant
I used to rely heavily on emails when my Arlo cameras detected motion. Arlo has discontinued this feature. I don't monitor my Android notifications and preferred the pld emailed thumbnail image. Is there any workaround? Maybe generate an email if Arlo sends a notification? Any other ideas? Thanks!
lostit
Guide
Guide

You are right, nothing is working. Apart from no email alerts, I now have to frequently re-enable push notifications, and also I get "your Arlo devices appear to be offline". Refreshing the page fixes this, though I have to log in again. Come on Arlo, listen to your customers. (sigh)