Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

TheMayor207
Tutor
Tutor

I have been using the same email address for a few years. 5pm yesterday my email alerts stopped. Push alerts are still working fine. I have verified my email address, cycled email alerts on and off, restarted my base station etc. 

nothing is working 

Best answers
421 REPLIES 421
Meksson
Guide
Guide

Many Thanks - That was important info!

I thought it had with Arlo ending support for older products.

The Arlo app notification does not help at all, so without the e-mails via IFTTT app  Arlo would be totally useless for us.

Customer1001
Initiate
Initiate

I just found out about Arlo's decision to drop the email alerts.

It's an insidious decision even if it were only for end-of-life products.

I don't know when the stock market will hear about this, but given the customer reaction in this forum it may be time to dump any Arlo stock you have.

But hear this:

CEO Arlo Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:ARLO), Matt McRae said:

“Arlo prides itself in building trusted, lifelong customer relationships with innovative, award-winning security solutions that deliver an exceptional user experience.” 

delmoralb
Initiate
Initiate

How do we get them to push our emails thru? I want my notifications back if possible. @delmoralb 

delmoralb
Initiate
Initiate

Yes they have stooped. How do we get them back on? I would like mine back on. @delmoralb 

Hallelujah
Star
Star

McRae BS just shows how disconnected he is from his customer reality.

BDC2023
Star
Star

Hello,

Recently I noticed that email notifications were removed as an option to activity detected on cameras, Now push notifications are the only way to be notified.  What was changed?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BDC2023 wrote:

What was changed?

Unfortunately, Arlo removed the email notification option.

BDC2023
Star
Star

Hi StephenB,

Thank you for the response.  Do you know why this was removed?

BDC2023_0-1701092243840.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BDC2023 wrote:

Do you know why this was removed?

No (and personally I think they should have kept it).

Hckyguy1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Anyone else receiving a lot more push notifications all of the sudden?  I have two base stations connected to an external hard drive.  They were sending a normal amount of motion alerts with few false alerts, but yesterday 11-26-23, I started getting an unreal amount like several per minute.   It’s like the cameras are more sensitive now, and I have not changed any settings other than canceling the Arlo Secure plan.  It seems like one more reason to get rid of Arlo cameras since there are no more email alerts.  I don’t trust this company!

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

the removal of email notifications is worse than they think !!!!

if you are not logged into your IOS app you won't get the IOS push notifications 

so if you have 2 accounts say 2 homes you have to have 2 accounts with separate logins

you won't get notifications if your logged out of the app !!!

with email we get email notifications regardless of login status

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@meizydavid wrote:

so if you have 2 accounts say 2 homes you have to have 2 accounts with separate logins

you won't get notifications if your logged out of the app !!!

The usual solution to this is to use the "friend" account feature so that either app can see all the cameras. Another option with "Feed" is to set up two locations in one account.

FWIW, I think removing the email notifications was a mistake.  But not for this particular reason.

BGOSNZ
Apprentice
Apprentice

Removing the e mail alerts is very rough if the users do not have smart phones.

Also I opened a support question when this first happened after several hours with the robot wanting me to make changes to everything except my gender got a response asking for more info. This has gone unanswered so not sure where its headed but I have done my best to inform as many folks as I can to avoid ARLO products if the e mail feature is important to them.

ITDESERTVALLEY
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Older Arlo Pro Cameras which have been working great for a few years now, but all the sudden the email alerts stopped working for my Dispatch Offices around So California, can someone please help?

ronaldhstar
Tutor
Tutor

On November 15, 2023, we suddenly stopped receiving Arlo notifications on our Iphones.  On that same date, we are seeing that Arlo did a software update to our devices.  We have confirmed that notifications is turned on, that our devices are working (we can see videos in the Library) and that we are receiving low battery notifications on our iPhones.  But no notifications of videos.  How do we fix this?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using email notifications in the camera rules?

Arlo removed that feature (right around 15 November).  You can switch to push notifications.

ronaldhstar
Tutor
Tutor

Can’t believe that they ended that useful feature. Very annoying.  But now I can’t figure out how to set up push notifications. On line refers to a tab I need to hit to get to arming a device and I can’t find it on my app. Help!

Tinman4now
Star
Star

Yes I am but it started around 11-20-23. My situation is a bit different. My system was working fine until 11-15-23. My VMB4000 Hub died (which I find suspicious) I replaced it with VMB4540 smart hub from Arlo. Thats when things went south. I lost my previous arlo smart premier account and had to purchase a new secure multi camera plan. Today the street sweeper went by an it sent off 7 cameras. I only have 1 in that location, the 5 are on the other side of the house and 2 were turned off. I think the 4540 smart hub is kinda dumb! I also have problems with push notifications. I'm using IOS 17 and smart phone doesn't get any notification, but my Apple 8 watch does ding? That has happened about 3 times since last week. Seems like this all new stuff has allot of bugs. I'm not happy

TreasureB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Has anyone here found a reasonably priced, reliable, alternative hardware system from  someone other than Arlo that can still  allow email notifications?  

Ring seems too expensive and I don’t know much about any others.  Arlo’s no-email notifications decision really sucks. I had just renewed Arlo Secure services for a whole nother year and have two brand new still in-the-box, unused Arlo Pro  4s that I was  saving for when my original old Arlos pros died, along with an Arlo doorbell   not even out of the box yet. And, to make  things more disturbing, Arlo is still pushing sale  priced hardware to us via email! !  This  grandma needs suggestions for a complete new system since all of my Arlo gear is  now essentially useless without  emailed motion notifications 

jwikoff
Tutor
Tutor

I absolutely hate it that you discontinued email alerts. I used them all the time. I WILL NOT ENABLE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS AS A WORK AROUND. I use the email to quickly track newest unviewed alerts during high volume motion events. Going into the app and scrolling through until I find the one that wasn't there last time as a starting point simply is not practical. I'm talking 200 recordings or so. Scrolling through to pinpoint where I left off is not an acceptable suggestion.

ronaldhstar
Tutor
Tutor

This change by Arlo is truly outrageous.  It completely underminds why I bought the system.  Like many others, I have made the decision to junk my existing Arlo system and buy a system from a competitor.  I waste of money.  I wish somehow Arlo would be held to account for this.  I hope there is a class action lawsuit over this.  And that Arlo loses big.

HMishkoff
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don't know if Arlo will let us discuss competitive brands here, but...

Is there another company that makes wireless cameras with "dedicated" (non-AA) rechargeable batteries and a built-in spotlight that does offer email notifications? The closest I've found is Ring, but I don't think their email notifications have a frame-shot from the video, I think they literally just tell you that motion has been detected and a video has been recorded (but I'm not sure).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ronaldhstar wrote:

Can’t believe that they ended that useful feature. Very annoying.  But now I can’t figure out how to set up push notifications. On line refers to a tab I need to hit to get to arming a device and I can’t find it on my app. Help!

Do you see "Library" at the bottom of the app screen?  Or do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

Once we know that, we can point you in the right direction.

sspeak
Guide
Guide

My take here is that even if I upgraded my camera (which I'm not going to do), I'd still not get email notifications.  No thanks.  Bye bye Arlo.  Glad I hadn't invested in more of your equipment.

Dinostones
Star
Star

I have multiple locations with Arlo cameras, hence, multiple accounts.

I was able to set up my email to consolidate email alerts with snapshot to one email account that then sent me a text message that alerted me to the issue at a particular location and camera. This process has resulted in a resolution to many security issues.

Now, Arlo leaves me blind to security issues defeating the whole purpose of using Arlo as a security provider.

Bring back the email alerts.

I've seen it said that email alerts may be costing Arlo too much to send. BS. As an IT pro, the message cost is negligible.