Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

TheMayor207
Tutor
Tutor

I have been using the same email address for a few years. 5pm yesterday my email alerts stopped. Push alerts are still working fine. I have verified my email address, cycled email alerts on and off, restarted my base station etc. 

nothing is working 

Best answers
421 REPLIES 421
Hckyguy1
Apprentice
Apprentice

They are not going to restart email alerts.  I’m very dissatisfied too and am switching to Ring cameras.  Goodbye Arlo

NateG23
Tutor
Tutor

I depend on the email notifications and noticed it had stopped recently but figured it was something on my end so waited to troubleshoot. I was going to expand my camera system and upgrade to some new Arlo cameras by taking advantage of some Black Friday deals. Before doing a purchase though I wanted to fix my email alerts and ultimately made it to this discussion forum. 
Definitely glad I didn’t waste money on any new Arlo cameras! Looking on Amazon this evening for some deals on other systems now. Time for me to EOL Arlo cameras now!

NateG23
Tutor
Tutor

It’s funny, I just received an email notification from Arlo when I submitted my first discussion post. And even have an option to receive an email alert when others post. But I can’t get email  notifications when motion is detected on my security cameras. SMH!

Film
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not defending Arlo's EOL policy since I miss email alerts too, but I suspect it's a volume issue.  The volume of email firing from these discussion communities is probably magnitudes of order less than the volume from all of us with email alerts triggered by motion on our camera fleets.  I know with mine (15 cameras and a doorbell) I was probably firing on average somewhere between 100-300 emails a day.

666ArloUser666
Star
Star

I'll be looking for alternatives to Arlo.  If anyone has good recommendations please post.

The push notifications are way too quiet, too brief, and unreliable (they frequently arrive many minutes after the motion detection).  

There is no way in hell I would hear a push notification in the middle of the night.
They are also just too quiet to hear when I'm in a louder environment (restaurant, store, etc).

Had Arlo dramatically improved push notifications prior to eliminating emails I could have lived with the decision, but push notifications are still garbage.

I'll never trust Arlo to keep me safe again.

File a complaint with the BBB:

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/carlsbad/profile/security-cameras/arlo-1126-1000061663

Complain via Twitter: 

Write an Amazon review.

Hckyguy1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I ordered Ring cameras on sale.  There are email notifications, and Ring is owned by Amazon which should use Amazon Web Services to store the emails.   Hopefully less likely to have to the same thing happen again, but I suppose anything is possible.   

Hallelujah
Star
Star

I am not much worried by an email EOL, but I can understand that others may be more dependent.  However I am hugely irritated by Arlos' inability to keep the system working reliably for geofencing and scheduling modes.  if EOL means my Pro cameras don't work as advertised then tell me, don't keep asking for technical information on case updates which won't be attended to.  The lack of transparency is just incompetence.

TreasureB
Apprentice
Apprentice

It seems to have ended email notifications for all of my cameras, both the old Arlo Pros and the totally new Pro  4 cameras. The silent little icons that now are the only thing showing up are USELESS, Totally useless,  as they are so difficult to hear on my android phone. Shame on Arlo. Looking for a New system after spending thousands on Arlo over the years.

CastleP
Tutor
Tutor

Have been a customer for over a decade. What exactly is the rationale here??

I have cameras at two locations. I use push notification for the one I’m in, and email notification for the other. IN PART BC ARLO DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO BE LOGGED INTO TWO LOCATIONS AT ONCE IN THE APP — LUDICROUS. 

This is worthless now without email notification. 

With so many services sunsetting, I’ve been planning on researching other companies and switching once my cameras got a little older. I’m doing that now instead.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CastleP wrote:

I have cameras at two locations. I use push notification for the one I’m in, and email notification for the other. IN PART BC ARLO DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO BE LOGGED INTO TWO LOCATIONS AT ONCE IN THE APP — LUDICROUS. 

This is worthless now without email notification. 

FWIW, I agree that removing email notifications was mistake.

But I did want ot point out that there are two methods to eliminate the need for two logins:

• Migrate to feed, and set up two locations in same account.
  • Use the "friend" account feature to share the cameras between the two accounts.

Meksson
Guide
Guide

So our older products are now scrap !?

How about Arlos environment policy ??

Am I forced to scrap our still working equipment and buy new ?

The Push notification signals are too low and does not wake me up  when something happens.

Please give us an option to get e-mail notifications again.

Michael

TreasureB
Apprentice
Apprentice

It’s not  just my old Arlo Pros. It’s the 2 almost -new Arlo Pro 4 spot light cameras too , as well as a never   installed door bell and 2 more Arlo Pro 4s that I bought as spares. Without email notifications they are all useless for me

Meksson
Guide
Guide

This is probably some kind of world record in bad Customer service. We were recently talking about buying Arlo to our second home ...   Will not happen!

Many leading companies today prioritise a good environmental policy.

Arlo does the opposite.

We have almost 1 year paid for Cloud service.

USELESS when one don't even notice a on going burglary.

I really hope they fix this major mistake soon.

Michael

The-Tractor-Guy
Initiate
Initiate

Get ready they soon will):

CastleP
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for this! I can’t find any useful info online about “migrating to feed” — might you be able to point me in the right direction?

I’ve read about setting up Locations, but as an existing user who didn’t set the devices up this way to start, those instructions aren’t useful. 

NateG23
Tutor
Tutor

Well, I tried using push notifications all day. Not that it really matters since I ordered my new system but I still have a cameras in place that needs to function. I have several cameras but only enabled push notifications for the front porch. Here’s why this just doesn’t work for me!

- I received 60 notifications from 8am to 5pm. I have the camera positioned to avoid unnecessary detections but certainly still happens. Three of the notifications were for someone actually at my front porch.

- Received Apple Watch battery alert about 3pm (after full charge from last night) due to all the activity with these push notifications.

- Selecting an alert would only take me to my Arlo app to show the live feed. Unlike the email alert that would show me the camera feed for the specific motion detection that took place at that time. This was the main benefit and selling point of the email notifications.

This test was only with one camera so couldn’t imagine using the solution for my whole system. I’m glad I’m retiring my Arlo cameras and any future business with them. For anyone looking for any Arlo cameras though, there will be many of them on eBay in the next few weeks, cheap!

Davo007
Guide
Guide

My Arlo camera (WMC4030P) has stopped sending emails. The last email I received was on 15 Nov. 2023.

I'm still getting vibration alerts on my phone, but no emails.
I tried changing my email address to another email, but still no emails.

I tried to enable email alerts, but it doesn't seem to exist any more.
I don't have a support contract with Arlo. I'm just using the free data access version.

Chapstick_87
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an iPhone 12 and my iPad, I am not getting the email notification for about 10 s days and there is nowhere in the app or online to opt for email notifications. I suspect they have done some sort of update and it’s wiped the feature for this phone

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Davo007 wrote:

My Arlo camera (WMC4030P) has stopped sending emails. The last email I received was on 15 Nov. 2023.

Unfortunately, Arlo removed the feature from all accounts/cameras (so not specific to the Pro 2, or the lack of a subscription).

sschultze7
Tutor
Tutor

Why did Arlo remove the option for email notifications???  Similarly, why isn't it our option for 2-factor.  They're my cameras and should be my choice.

lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

I agree. I relied on the email notifications when away - I send them to my neighbor, as he almost never hears or notices the push notifications. Pretty lousy to take away this feature without any notice. At least, I don't recall ever seeing an announcement about it.

lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'd be interested in how it goes if this community lets you post about it. I was going to upgrade my older arlo cameras but now I think I will look elsewhere too.

Meksson
Guide
Guide

Hi

No help from Arlo with this.

I think they think we all will accept that they try to force us customers to buy new equipment. 
Well ...  many will do so, but not from Arlo.

I have for the nearest future fixed a solution via the IFTTT app myself.

When something triggers the cameras I've got IFTTT to send me e-mails. So now it works again. But IFTTT is not free.

Good luck!

Film
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just to clear up a point before anybody rushes out and buys anything.  Buying new Arlo equipment will NOT restore your email alerts.  Even their newest equipment doesn't send email alerts any longer.  The capability was removed from the Arlo service/software (whatever you want to call it - the backend) so the hardware is irrelevant.

lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

This latest reduction in capability (no email) basically means I will *not* be upgrading my older Arlo cameras with new Arlo cameras - I'll shop elsewhere, and I told support that for all the good it will do. I re-read the latest EOL statement and it did say email was going away; it also says some push notifications may go away too. That hasn't happened yet as far as I can tell, but they are shooting themselves in the foot with these changes. EOL'ing an old camera is one thing; but email, c'mon, it's not like sending it out is difficult.