Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

TheMayor207
Tutor
Tutor

I have been using the same email address for a few years. 5pm yesterday my email alerts stopped. Push alerts are still working fine. I have verified my email address, cycled email alerts on and off, restarted my base station etc. 

nothing is working 

Best answers
421 REPLIES 421
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MircoT wrote:

BTW email notifications allow you to send them to other people too, without having to authorize them to access the app.

FWIW - I think removing email alerts was a mistake on Arlo's part. I agree it was a good option for many use cases.

sandim
Aspirant
Aspirant

i am testing the push notifications and will work with it 

i have sent a message to arlo support asking if the push notifications will also be discontinued as well as cloud storage. i’m interested in seeing what their response will be 

jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice

I agree. If I can’t figure out how to make it work with ITTT or something, I may have to find a different solution. Push notifications are not sticky enough.

Kenny1
Tutor
Tutor

The email feature was the reason I bought Arlo cameras.  I have 20 of them.  I would suggest Arlo offer a secure plan, for a few extra dollars, that includes email alerts.  I am glad my medical devices and cars don’t have an end-of-life policies.

Bob_Cous
Guide
Guide

I specifically went with Arlo because of its features. Loosing email and the thumbnail photo will be a deal breaker.

Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice

What a PITA Arlo has become. This latest move is a real stab in the back.

I'm researching other products now, probably going the Ring route. May do a couple of their Ring Wired Floodlight Pro units and lose the battery at least for those. Reviews of their products are positive, kind of like Arlo had been.

That's all about to change for Arlo. Glad I don't have a big investment in Arlo, may use my retired Pro 5S to look at the bird feeder or give it to the grandkids to play with in the house.

I feel for the uninformed new purchasers of Arlo products who will soon find out that their new cams are totally inferior. I suspect the competitors of Arlo are about to see a surge in sales in the next few months.

You got to wonder, WTF were these morons at Arlo thinking?

Efthos
Star
Star

Thank you for your prompt response.  I forgot that my texts were actually in an email format (T-Mobile code with my 10 digit cell phone), which explains why I am no longer receiving them.   I preferred that over the push notifications through the Arlo app.  

You would think Arlo would have the decency to notify their customers of the sudden change in protocol.  I only purchased the Arlo wireless doorbell a few months ago, and was having ongoing problems with it.   However, they have no problem inundating me with constant offers for the products.  Why would any existing Arlo customer ever purchase anything from them again?

My last contact with Arlo was through their chat, and the technician was anything but helpful.

trakho
Initiate
Initiate

Not everybody have their personal device on them all day to receive PUSH notifications.  There is still a need for email notifications when we cannot access those devices but can access them on our PCs.

Tinman4now
Star
Star

Old vmb4000 died and got a new vmb4540 from Arlo. Installed new Hub and had to install in Arlo app 4.10.5. I'm currently using iphone se 2022 IOS 17.1.1. My cameras are work, but I am no longer receiving email notifications. I don't see any modes or icons that indicate email notification. As a side not, I dont like the new app!

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

So I have been reading that arlo has dropped the ball once again.

Motion triggered email notifications are no longer possible for any arlo security devices.

Arlo has removed the feature as an option within the arlo apps over night suggesting that this was all a cleverly preplanned desirable outcome.

So the question remains as to why arlo has ignored their own EOL policy to now include all devices rather than only devices slated for their EOL dates and why the sound triggered email notifications are also impacted since they were never included in the EOL policy.

scoshel
Initiate
Initiate

So the email alerts button is completely gone from the >Mode  >Rules option.  They only have the push alerts option.

It's not your email that is an issue.  Looks like Arlo is moving the email notification to EOL (end of life).  Seems like it's just for us people with older model Arlo's.  Looks like it's their way of forcing us to buy new Arlo units.  

Very disappointed in Arlo,  I would've never purchased an Arlo in the first place, if I new they would eventually remove the email feature.

Hopefully they come to their senses and turn back on the email notifications option.

I won't be buying a new unit from them.

rick-wr
Initiate
Initiate

So you are saying email notifications are a thing of the past? There is always something changing or not working.  I think Arlo will be a thing of the past for me.

Bob_Cous
Guide
Guide

Seems like a bunch of products lost the ability to send email notifications on 18Nov2023. My AVD1001 is not listed as EOL, but it too no longer supports email notifications. Looks like I'll be shopping on Black Friday for another provider!

Disappointed owner 😞 

hirscl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two different ARLO accounts and two different locations.  I just noticed that since November 15, 2023 I have not received any email notifications. 

How do we get ARLO to fix this problem. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hirscl wrote:

I have two different ARLO accounts and two different locations.  I just noticed that since November 15, 2023 I have not received any email notifications. 

How do we get ARLO to fix this problem. 

Unfortunately, they removed the feature.  You'll have to switch to push notifications.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bob_Cous wrote:

Seems like a bunch of products lost the ability to send email notifications .

Unfortunately, Arlo removed the feature altogether (so not related to the EOL).

Bob_Cous
Guide
Guide

Well, if they are no longer offering it, I guess I may have to move along to something else (that does)

Disappointed owner

wiredead
Initiate
Initiate

I have two different accounts and cant be signed into both at once on my phone so email was extremely useful to keep an eye on another premises. Ive been a customer for years why did you do this Arlo? please respond.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wiredead wrote:

I have two different accounts and cant be signed into both at once on my phone 

You can use the friend account feature, sharing the cameras in each account with the other.  Then you'd get all notifications from either account.

johnhuanvu
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am shocked that email notifications is removed. Does anyone know when this happened?

I rely on the email notifications - not push notifications.

Is this happening to others?

If this is the case, I would have to drop this product.

Hurtdk
Initiate
Initiate

Not receiving email notifications.  Cannot add email addresses in mode

CGEV
Initiate
Initiate

I've had the support for the same exact reason, the tech guy was not even aware of that before we did some testings.

The email config feature has disappeard from IOS app and is still available in the web version but no more working.

It sounds like it is a deliberate choice or silently removing the feature and is highly unprofessional the way it was done, considering people may rely on such notifications and have possibly missed events.

I've just tried the IFTTT option and here are my first impressions:

-If you have more than 2 cams, you are up to pay an IFTT pro account

-The emails won't embed any image preview or stuff, just text

-If you want to trigger mails based on a scheduled (enable/disable), you'll have to code it using advanced filters (not rely on Arlo scheduled modes)

Arlo deciders, if you read us, please restore the feature.

Please also note I've asked a feature request, to at least be able to choose who receives push notifications , owner, people who have shared access etc..

Currently you enable push for everyone which is a pain.

johnfromwayne
Initiate
Initiate

All of a sudden I'm no longer receiving activity notices by email. How do I access the notification menu. I see the Push Alert is on for each of my cameras but I can't find how to change what the alert is supposed to do.

Jonoaf
Initiate
Initiate

I have an Arlo 5 pro system I bought in June and it's disabled now. This is absolutely ridiculous. I chatted with an agent and let them know my displeasure as well. Since this system is now useless to me I'm going to take my loss and find something that works. What am I even paying for here anymore? This was a seriously stupid decision since push notifications don't work half the time and many of us can't bring our phones into work.

bnoamani
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo wireless Pro

firmware: 1.21.1.0_4302_9611cf3

All of the sudden, I am not receiving any email notification? Even I do not see EMAIL ALERT under ALERT tab in the MODE RULES. I see only PUSH NOTIFICATION!

Can you please assist?

Thanks,

Bob