Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

TheMayor207
Tutor
Tutor

I have been using the same email address for a few years. 5pm yesterday my email alerts stopped. Push alerts are still working fine. I have verified my email address, cycled email alerts on and off, restarted my base station etc. 

nothing is working 

Best answers
421 REPLIES 421
jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice

I stopped receiving email notifications Wednesday, November 15, 2023, after about 7:45 pm cst. I don’t even see the option anymore under modes. It only shows push notifications. My subscription is safe and secure pro. I have Pro 2 and Pro 3 cameras.

Fascinatingfee
Guide
Guide

I have 3 essential xl spotlight and email alerts  have stopped for these as well - they were only purchased 3 months ago - surely they are not EOL as well ? 

MircoT
Star
Star

Hello,

I've the same problem: the email notifications hasn't arrived since november 16. The push notification works fine.

I've 11 cameras (10 Pro 2, fw 1.125.17.1_11_de8490d, and 1 Pro 4, fw 1.080.20.1_23_d50a19d) on 2 VMB4000r3 bases (fw 1.21.1.0_4302_9611cf3).

I've tried changing the email notification address to another domain (from Apple to Gmail) but still no email notification

(spam folder checked).

Can you help me?

Regards.

Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice

For those who are planning to go with a different brand of cameras, which brand are you thinking?  Of course they have to have email alerts. Ring seems popular.

I may give Arlo say a few weeks to see if they come to their senses, but I'm planning ahead.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jamesglewisf wrote:

I stopped receiving email notifications Wednesday, November 15, 2023, after about 7:45 pm cst. I don’t even see the option anymore under modes. It only shows push notifications. My subscription is safe and secure pro. I have Pro 2 and Pro 3 cameras.

Unfortunately, Arlo says they have removed the feature.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MircoT wrote:

I've the same problem: the email notifications hasn't arrived since november 16.

Unfortunately, Arlo says they have removed the feature.

BGOSNZ
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

My system seems to have lost the e mail alert function.

I cannot see the button to select it anymore when checking the notifications settings.

This started last Thursday. I have rebooted the Hub and cameras as this sorted it once before.

I can get the notifications via the app on my phone and can view the cameras live. 

I have had  paid for subscription  the last 2.5 yrs and this is the first real problem.

Online support seems to be a chatbot that cannot understand even the most simple question. 

If anyone else has this experience or can suggest a fix I would be very grateful 

Thank You.

BGOSNZ

RayC1952
Guide
Guide

Just started looking for other options yesterday.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BGOSNZ wrote:

My system seems to have lost the e mail alert function.

Unfortunately, Arlo says they have removed this feature.

BGOSNZ
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, I never got any notice about this and its very poor when its one of the features that got me interested when I first bought the system. Its important that my partner gets the alerts when someone is sneaking around the house at night which is what made us buy the system in the first place. I am not home all the time as I spend a few days at work a week. 

RayC1952
Guide
Guide

I posted my opinion to his and Arlo's X accounts.

RayC1952
Guide
Guide

I also have some EZVIZ cameras.  They provide email alerts.

sandim
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an arlo go 2 cellular camera which has been working fine. I now find that email alerts will no longer be available since the eol is coming soon

I need to find a replacement that works on cellular because I have a wifi that is only intermittent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MircoT
Star
Star

"they have removed the feature": without any email warning?
and why is the email alert setting present on the app and website?

@ShayneS do you confirm this change?

BTW I also do not receive any email notifications from this site..

Hckyguy1
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is what makes me angry.   1.   I never received notification that the emails were going to stop.  2.  The tech support was clueless.  They had me change all kinds of settings and wasted two hours of my time.   At the end, I was told to contact gmail to whitelist some web addresses, but when I said I had already tried a non-gmail address and still didn’t receive the emails, I was asked for a screenshot showing that I had the email notifications checked.   Of course I had them checked.   Nothing had been changed on my end.   3.  I was paying $13 per month for the subscription service to get the emails, and the emails were the entire reason I went with Arlo cameras.  There are much less expensive cameras systems out there.    4.   My Arlo cameras weren’t completely reliable, but I stuck with them because of the email alerts.   The cameras would randomly go offline and not pick up motion.   I cancelled my subscription, and even if they do bring back the email notifications, I will probably go with a POE camera system with an outdoor switch.   I don’t have any faith in this company.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Go 2 is a rather new product and is not EOLed. The original Go is a very old camera but is not on the EOL list. You may want to read the following FAQ:

https://kb.arlo.com/000063018/Arlo-Legacy-Cameras-End-of-Life

666ArloUser666
Star
Star

To top things off, the push notification audio alerts are very low in volume.  Arlo staff knows this is an issue, but hasn't fixed it yet. Thus, not only have we lost email notifications but the audio is generally too low to hear on push notifications (adjusting volume on phone doesn't fix it).  

Clearly this company is not concerned about communicating in a professional fashion or its users security.

It blows my mind that a security company is doing things designed to hurt our security.

beezle
Apprentice
Apprentice

I agree with all of you.  I much prefer email alerts over push notifications.  Seems really stupid of them to disable this and cause a bunch of loyal customers to be angry.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sandim wrote:

I now find that email alerts will no longer be available since the eol is coming soon

Arlo unfortunately removed the email alert features altogether.  It's not available on any Arlo camera (whether on the EOL list or not).   And it doesn't matter if you have a subscription (or not).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BGOSNZ wrote:

Hi, I never got any notice about this and its very poor when its one of the features that got me interested when I first bought the system. Its important that my partner gets the alerts when someone is sneaking around the house at night which is what made us buy the system in the first place. I am not home all the time as I spend a few days at work a week. 

Personally I think they should have kept the email alert feature.

That said, your partner can set up a "friend" account, and you can then share the cameras with your partner.  Then they will get push notifications on their phone when the cameras detect motion.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did I miss something? Is this truly for all cameras and not just EOLed ones?

BGOSNZ
Apprentice
Apprentice

My cameras are not on the EOL list and I have the same problem. 

Hckyguy1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a few Pro2 cameras which are on the list, but the majority are Pro3 which aren’t on the list.   However, the emails stopped for everything.   

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Did I miss something? Is this truly for all cameras and not just EOLed ones?

I'm not seeing the option in the iOS app for my cameras.  So I think it is gone.

Personally I think it is a mistake, as email notifications do give people a better record for what has happened (since there is no retention limit).  Also, easier than a friend account for people who just need notifications (or want to avoid migrating the main account to "Feed").

The cost is small - certainly low enough to enable hundreds of unwanted email to my gmail account every day.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MircoT wrote:

"they have removed the feature": without any email warning?
and why is the email alert setting present on the app and website?

It's no longer in my iOS app.

@JamesC said the feature was removed.