Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not receiving email alerts

TheMayor207
Tutor
Tutor

I have been using the same email address for a few years. 5pm yesterday my email alerts stopped. Push alerts are still working fine. I have verified my email address, cycled email alerts on and off, restarted my base station etc. 

nothing is working 

Best answers
421 REPLIES 421
HRS2403
Initiate
Initiate

As of sometime today, email notifications of camera activity are not being received. Apple Watch notifications, and Library videos are being received. 

Restarting base station does not help.

Otherwise, nothing has changed. I've checked Junk mail, but nothing from Arlo there.

Film
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's not just you and it isn't just a Pro 2 issue.  I have 4 VMB5000 base stations, 8 Ultra 2's, a doorbell, 6 Essential cameras and one old Arlo Q and the email notification option is now completely gone from all my rules and the only option available is Push Notification.  I wonder if they removed it in an overnight update?  I was definitely still receiving them yesterday.

iSage
Luminary
Luminary

Same here for me all day today (Thursday, 11/16/23).  I'm getting all the push notifications on my iPhone and iPad, but haven't gotten any email notifications since late yesterday (11/15/23, about 11:30pm ET).  I did get another one right before midnight, BUT - it said it was from two days prior (Nov. 13th), and said the video had expired so I couldn't view it.  I don't know if ARLO did away with the email notifications (I have several cameras/versions/base stations), or the problem is with ARLO's server. 

~Susan

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Email alerts feature is at end of life and will no longer be supported.

You can read more about the Arlo end of life policy here: https://kb.arlo.com/000063018/Arlo-Legacy-Cameras-End-of-Life

JamesC

Coogan2003
Initiate
Initiate

I noticed today that I haven't received any email notifications for motion detection on one of my cameras.  I have two other cameras but only the one has email notifications enabled.  Otherwise all notifications have been disabled.  I checked the cameras and everything is being recorded on motion as configured, it just stopped sending emails today.  I checked the Arlo Secure app, where everything was originally configured, and discovered that notifications can no longer be configured at all in the app.  I'm assuming this was from a recent app update.

The system is a VMB4000r3 and the camera models are listed as H8.  I bought them from Costco several years ago.  I know they're EoL but surprised I didn't receive any notice that email notifications were going away.

Coogan2003
Initiate
Initiate

Bummer.  I did read the EoL policy not 10 minutes ago and know that the email notifications could be yanked at any time, but a little heads-up would have been nice.

TheMayor207
Tutor
Tutor

Geez. Arlo systems aren’t cheap. Disabling email alerts seems like a way to force us into more purchases. 

Poor form. 

Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Exactly the same issue here. No email notifications and the email alert option is gone from the routines settings.

First noticed it early this morning about 6am EST when i got no typical overnight alerts. Then nothing during the course of the day. Eventually looked at the app and noticed the option to have email notifications sent, was no longer there. The "push notification" option was still there as others said.

I have the Pro 5S cams.

Searching back for past issues like this, this isn't something new. Eventually it'll right itself or they'll fix it.

Jkasch
Tutor
Tutor

Today I stopped receiving email alerts from all of my devices to my gmail account.  Is there another firmware update that was sent out that jacked things up like a few months ago?

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Boo. No more email notifications? Lame. 😞

iSage
Luminary
Luminary

My Email Alert option is still there though, for each of my cameras, just as it's always been.  So, as I mentioned previously, don't know if they did away with that option, or it's a problem with ARLO's server.  If it doesn't come back in the next 1-2 days, I *assume* the feature is gone. 

iSage
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for the clarification, James. 

I had read that EOL article several times over the past few months, including just this morning, but it had mentioned Email Notifications were to end 4½ months ago, on July 1, 2023.  When I continued to get the email notifications after that, I thought possibly ARLO decided not to do away with it.  I guess EOL for that feature ended on 11/15/23 instead.  As long as the Push Notifications on my iPhone and iPad continue to work, I'll be happy.

-Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I noticed sometimes my iPhones' iOS push notifications stop working. :I have to kill and restart the app. 😞

HMishkoff
Apprentice
Apprentice

My email notifications stopped working abut 24 hours ago. When I checked to make sure that my notifications hadn't somehow unconfigured themselves, I was surprised to see that email notifications are no longer among my options -- the only notification option available is Push Notification.

I wouldn't swear to it, but I seem to remember that the Email Notification option was on the same screen as the Push Notification option, and that I used to be able to select it and then enter one or email addresses. Has that changed? Am I looking in the wrong place?

I know that the videos are still being recorded because they're still appearing in my Library. But I'm no longer receiving the email alerts that I've been receiving for years. 

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jkasch
Tutor
Tutor

That’s about the only thing I liked about Arlo, the email alerts was the only reason I bought Arlo.  Sounds like a good way to lose a lot of customers. I definitely won’t be renewing my subscription if the email alerts are going to be done away with for good.

Britterz8826
Guide
Guide

Thank you for the info. But that's honestly disappointing. I don't have the time to go through my cameras feed and haven't a "snapshot" was kind of nice. Guess I have to look for replacement now. 😟

DavidDouglass
Star
Star

Same exact thing has happened to me, No email notifications anymore. And the option is no longer available in controls. So they make changes and don't inform anyone of those changes.....so unprofessional. We pay good money for customer service and receive none when we need it most. You can bet they already saw this blog post, and disregarded it, dismissed it. All they'll provide now is a push to a phone. Anyone using emails is screwed. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Britterz8826 wrote:

Thank you for the info. But that's honestly disappointing. I don't have the time to go through my cameras feed and haven't a "snapshot" was kind of nice.

Web push should work (and I think is now available on PCs as well as phones)

DavidDouglass
Star
Star

Noticed today that I am no longer getting email notifications from any of my cameras. I check the website control panel modes and found that Email Notifications is no longer available, and only Push Notifications are available. So now what I paid for is no longer available. I want an explanation. You end an essential option in the plan I pay for and don't let me know you made a major change?? 

Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Are you fkin kidding me? No more email alerts? This Pro 5S is almost worthless to me then. The push notifications only work when logged in and viewing live, in my experience. I've always though the push notifications were worthless but now no email alerts too? GTFOH.

And no notice this was coming? How do you justify this? I just got this cam earlier this year.

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

As of yesterday I stopped receiving email notifications for all my arlo devices. 

I logged on through the computer, checked the notification action under each camera in each mode, and it only has the push notifications as an option. 

When i went though the app,  I went to the settings of each camera, and push notifications and email notifications are selected as they always have been. 

I rely on the email notifications during work, since I work in a place where no electronics are allowed. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That may be an issue for your IT folks at work. It sounds like something changed that may be blocking the emails. Of course, there are other possibilities such as the email provider, the ISP, etc. WHen you're at home do you see the email notifications or are they missing there, too?

Edit: It appears that certain legacy devices may have stopped emails due to EOL for those devices. CHeck out https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Not-receiving-email-alerts/m-p/1935321

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

I edited my post. 

on the app i have the settings like i've always had them. I checked through a computer and email notification is not even an option that pops up. 

this has nothing to do with my email. I use a gmail not a work account. I'm no longer getting any type of arlo notification email even though I didn't change any settings, and email notification setting is selected (as it always has been) and email notification is an option on the app (as it always has been) but not an option on the settings when you are logged into a computer (as they have been before)