Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Badge Notifications on iPhone 15 Pro (iOS 17.3)

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Saphod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I am no longer receiving badge notifications for any of my Arlo devices (mostly Arlo Pro

2) on my iPhone 15 Pro running iOS 17.3 and Arlo App Version 4.12 (7365) from 31 January 2024. 

This has been going on for a while. Lock screen notifications as well as normal banner notifications work fine. 

This somehow undermines the option to just look at the badge to see if new notifications have been received to check the app. 

Please advise when this will be fixed or what I need to do. 

I have already deleted and reinstalled the Arlo App to no avail. 

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Saphod 

Are you receiving the recordings in the library?

Saphod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Affirmative - the recordings are there. When I see a normal notification, I go into the app and can see the recording. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Received, Thanks

So the iPhone's Home Screen is missing the little red badge numbers as well as the library section in the Arlo App Home Screen correct (from what I see in the screen shots)? These two displays are of different features.

Saphod
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Shayne, It seems as though the only way I am informed of new recordings is via the iPhone Notification Banner, which I have set to stay permanently (until I swipe it away). In the past, I would also receive badge notifications on the Arlo App Icon on the iPhone Home Screen. This, however, no longer seems to work. When I see a banner and go into the Arlo App, it usually takes a second or two to show the red number next to “Library” - it feels as though it is only checking once I go into the App and not in the background. “Background Refresh” is set to “On” for Arlo. The issue is that I have changed nothing to my set up, and this worked perfectly before. Now, the iPhone Badges are no longer showing for Arlo. I have no issues with other Apps. I remember there were some issues with Arlo and Badge Notifications in the past, which you should be able to find in the Arlo Community. I don’t know what to do on my end. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the Arlo App, but that does not seem to make a difference.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Saphod Thank you for the detailed info regarding the badge counter and library counter. I have notified the team and I will report back as soon as I have more info to share. 

Saphod
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, Shayne - much appreciated. 👍
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Saphod I'm still waiting to hear from the team regarding this symptom. Are you still experiencing this?

Saphod
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do, but it’s a bit of a hit and miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t…