Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Missing recordings

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jgreg77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo subscription, on an Arlo Pro 3 camera system that has been working for two years, reliably.  Lately, the system stops recording for a couple of days with no activity in the library.  During this time I do not get notifications or recorded images.  The cameras work when accessed manually from the app, just not recorded activity.

The cameras stop recording for a couple of days, and then start again with no explanation.

This has occurred about 5 times, with the frequency increasing. 

Any ideas what is going on? 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is your active mode? Is a schedule being used? Have you rebooted the hub and maybe reinserted the camera batteries to get the system to a known state?

Jgreg77
Aspirant
Aspirant

The mode is Active/Armed, (motion detection on) there is no other mode in use (e.g. schedule, geofencing etc.)

When I travel, I make sure all cameras are charged, and re-boot the base station to get a fresh start.   This occurs about every month, sometimes more.   The gaps in recording, do not seem to be related to my travels, but may occur within hours, days, or weeks of the re-boot/charge event.

The system is working properly, then just stops detection.  I know this since my neighbor brings in any packages delivered, when I check, I find there are no recordings.  The cameras work manually during this time, but do not detect, and do not record.  Then a couple of days later, it simply starts working again.  When I return and check the system, everything is working normally.   

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible that the neighbor, for instance, may be moving slowly directly at the camera(s)? The PIR sensors have trouble with this sort of motion and work best when motion is side to side. Have you tried increasing motion sensitivity in your modes and rules to test?

Jgreg77
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera faces the area in front of my doorway, in a hallway at an apartment building.  When it stops working, events such as people walking by, packages getting dropped off, and me entering and exiting the doorway, do not trigger a recording.  When it is working, the sensitivity is set correctly. 

When it stops recording, none of the cameras trigger a recording.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We'd first need to know if the system is actually offline so no recordings. Since you have Pro 3 cameras, you also have a hub. What is the hub LED showing when the recordings stop?

The hallway installation may also be a problem but first we need to know if the system is offline.