Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Missing recordings

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Leandra
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hadn't bothered to check the recordings for a bit, but I am missing almost 2 weeks worth of recordings, I have a pro base 4500r2 and a USB drive used for local storage, I have 2 Arlo pro 2 cameras and 2 Arlo essential cameras, no recordings from any of the cameras are on the USB drive from the last 2 weeks. I am the only one with access to the account, and I have received the push notifications but can't view the recordings. My arlos pro 2 recordings can be viewed in the app but not on the USB drive. I have everything set up to record locally. Nothing has been changed as far as settings go. Please help, I really need to be able to recover these recordings.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Leandra wrote:

My arlos pro 2 recordings can be viewed in the app but not on the USB drive. I have everything set up to record locally. Nothing has been changed as far as settings go. Please help, I really need to be able to recover these recordings.

If they aren't there, then there is nothing to recover. I'm thinking the Essential cameras do not have a subscription and are connected to the base (not home wifi)???

Have you tried any of these steps?

1. restarting the base
  2. doing a factory reset of the base (requiring onboarding the base and cameras again)
  3. reformatting the USB drive (or trying a different one)
Leandra
Aspirant
Aspirant

They connect to the base using the home WiFi, but it's not just the essential cameras that didn't record, no I do not have a subscription. And when I first got the USB drive added to the base I had already reset all the cameras and the base as well as formated the USB drive. There are older recordings on the USB but not the most recent ones. The older recordings are from when I first put it in, but everything in-between is missing.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Leandra wrote:

They connect to the base using the home WiFi,

No they don't. They either connect directly to the Arlo Cloud using your home wifi, or they connect to the base. If you want local recordings for those cameras, you need to connect them to the base.

@Leandra wrote:

but it's not just the essential cameras that didn't record

Understood. Have you tried any of the suggestions I made?