Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ChrisKay
Follower
Follower

Making this mandatory is an exceedingly bad idea since it will slow down authentication and when it breaks—and it occasionally will—it will prevent access completely.  At least give the end-user the option of deciding how much protection to require for the account.

609 REPLIES 609
CCNE37
Apprentice
Apprentice

@stevespalding1 

How is the scheduling feature in Eufy ? Is it possible to set up "modes" like Arlo (like some cameras on and others off) and schedule different modes at different times or days of the week ? I generally have different cameras on or off depending on whether we are home or not, or day vs night. I also use different detection sensitivities for day and night.

Can you access the Eufy cameras & recorded videos from a desktop as well as the app ?

Thanks

Colin

stevespalding1
Guide
Guide
I’ll have to get back to you on those - I’ve not had the eufy cameras for long and have little need of changing modes because I’m home pretty much 24/7 at the moment. Having just had a look at the app, there does not appear to be a schedule function , just on off or snooze for each camera. You could probably achieve something similar to the Arlo’s schedule function using home assistant. I did manage to get access to the video feed independently of the app using rtsp but it was a lot of trial and error and I’ve nit had the time to play with it further.
As far as accessing the feed from the desktop, there is a web app which allows this although it is not widely publicised or as polished as Arlo’s.
CCNE37
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks Steve

I find that the scheduling feature is one of Arlo's best features. I have 5 cameras (2 indoor & 3 outdoor) and even when at home during the day I leave the front door one on to see any deliveries etc coming, and in the evenings the 3 outdoor cameras are on, and then at night all 5. I also have slightly different sensitivities for day and night to optimise detections and minimise false detections. By only having cameras on when they are needed and optimising detections I have extended the battery life to something quite usable. I have set the schedule with various modes and it just runs seamlessly turning cameras on and off without any intervention from me, which is very handy.

I have never used a home assistant, so that would be something to look into.

I probably do 95% of my checking on Arlo on a desktop, so a usable web interface is quite important to me.

matthewpy
Initiate
Initiate

I will not be recommending Arlo anymore. The two step authentication has rendered the app on my apple TV useless. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@matthewpy wrote:

I will not be recommending Arlo anymore. The two step authentication has rendered the app on my apple TV useless. 

Have you tried to turn it off? I did in December. 

hackcliff
Initiate
Initiate

It's a dumb move. They can not force people who have an existing subscription to do so. I've already checked the legality, at least in Massachusetts. I called customer service this morning (if you can call it service) and I'm cancelling my subscription. I am going to demand a refund for hardware purchased. It's under 7k for me so if they do not pay for my cameras and base stations I will bring them to small claims court. In Massachusetts, a company can not send a lawyer to represent them but an agent.

I have also files a complaint with the Massachusetts AG, I suggest you all do the same in your own state.  and then buy from a less greedy company.

I will post an update soon, 

kmf1946
Initiate
Initiate

please allow me to disable two step verification

dcfox1
Master
Master

@kmf1946 wrote:

please allow me to disable two step verification

Have you turned it off in your settings? I had it off for months. 

kmf1946
Initiate
Initiate

I had the Arlo tech try to walk me through that, but the "enable" screen  would only pop up for a fraction of a second before the screen changed.

Thanks

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

As part of our efforts to continually evolve and further strengthen our privacy and security practices, Arlo will now require all users to use two-step verification when logging into their Arlo account. Over the next 10 days, users who have not enabled two-step verification will see a countdown notification to complete set up before logging in to their Arlo accounts. This new security mandate will go into effect for all users by April 18th, 2021.

While Arlo has strongly encouraged its users to enable two-step verification since its introduction, Arlo believes requiring this added layer of security is yet another measure we can take to help our users safeguard their accounts and their data.

We appreciate all of the feedback provided so far for two-step verification and will continue working on enhancing the two-step verification experience in the future.

For more information on how to set up two-step verification, please visit the following article: What is two-step verification and how do I set it up?

-Arlo Team