Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
TreasureB
Apprentice
Apprentice

my updated Android app 3/8/20. doesn't throw me out, but it  is totally frozen after opening the v 2.13-27035 app update. cannot access mode, devices, and especially library. app is frozen.  video clips can be accessed online but not in Android app. This is a Critical bug and needs to be fixed immediately. rebooted Galaxy Android phone and it is still frozen. WTF !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We've recently released a new version for the Arlo Android app, which is 2.13.1. You can read more about the latest version here: Arlo Android App - 2.13.1 - 13th March 2020

Try updating the app to the latest version and let us know if you still experience the issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey TreasureB,

Could you let us know what Samsung Galaxy phone you have and what Android OS you are running on? If possible, could you also provide a video showing that the Arlo app on your Galaxy phone freezes?

TreasureB
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro. (model SM-S727VL) Android version 6.0.1. The app opening screen is the usual Devices screen  showing the camera's last recording still image (frozen) , but  Library and Mode icons at bottom are grayed out and will not function to access anything. The 3-dots at top are non functioning to access settings or log out . Nothing works since the last update

TreasureB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes. I don't have a Baby Monitor, but 4 Arlo Pro cameras that are now useless since the March update. New Android app update 3/4/20  freezes up completely on my phone and will not allow access to my  Library, Mode, Settings, log out. "Library" and "Mode" icons at the bottom of screen are grayed out and non functioning. Nothing. totally frozen and I must manually close all apps because I can't even log out . I still get notifications but this update renders accessing my Library for viewing video clips completely useless unless I go on computer and log into arlo via web. Useless cameras now. Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro phone, , running Android 6.0.1. 

TreasureB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Chatted with  support. Rebooted phone, uninstalled Arlo app, reinstalled app .. ..

result: app loads,  wait 3 to 4 minutes, it will eventually allow access to my library of video clips or  to the cameras. This  combined 5 minute wait while it thinks is totally unacceptable!   App never behaved this way before the 3/2020 update
I am so upset with the 2.13 3/4/2020 Android Arlo update.

Without quick access to the cameras or video this $$ 4 camera system is completely useless.

then I just received an Arlo email, 1/2 price (4.99 a month for 12 months)  Smart Premier.  WTH. System is no longer usable and they want to sell me a $60/year package! 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi TreasureB,

Thanks for all that info. The development team is looking into this issue where when the Arlo Android app freezes completely after opening it up. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We've recently released a new version for the Arlo Android app, which is 2.13.1. You can read more about the latest version here: Arlo Android App - 2.13.1 - 13th March 2020

Try updating the app to the latest version and let us know if you still experience the issue.