Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

If I need a new Base Station, will it be backward compatible with my existing cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TheNeilT
Follower
Follower

I have a set of original Arlo cameras and the hub, from when they were produced by Netgear. I cannot easily find out if I can add some more recent cameras to my existing hub. I am guessing that I will need a new hub, but don't want to buy one if it's not necessary. Furthermore, if I do need a new hub, will it be backward compatible with my existing cameras?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TheNeilT wrote:

I have a set of original Arlo cameras and the hub, from when they were produced by Netgear. I cannot easily find out if I can add some more recent cameras to my existing hub.

Compatibility information is here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station.

All hubs will be compatible with your original cameras.  Also Arlo does have some cameras that can be connected to your home wifi directly.

Note that the newest cameras all require a paid subscription to get cloud storage (among other features).  If you aren't willing to pay for a subscription, look for a Pro 2 camera - that would include free 7-day cloud storage.