Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ID.me Nurse discount not working

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JEG5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I verified my Nurse status using ID.me to get a 15% discount on an Arlo camera. When the verification is completed, the Arlo shopping cart webpage reloads, but the discount isn't applied as it should be. When I finally get through the chat bot to a live billing support agent, they kept trying to point me to an unrelated restriction for an Arlo Secure 10% discount, wherein it indicates that discount can't be bundled with any of the ID.me discounts. I tried explaining this to the agent, but they kept repeating the same thing over and over. They clearly had little to no familiarity with the Arlo ID.me discounts. Why is the 15% discount not being applied when verifying through ID.me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

JEG5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to speak to a customer service representative. They informed me that the Arlo Essential 2K (2nd generation) cameras are excluded from the ID.me 15% discount. ID.me provides the following restrictions for Arlo: "Offers exclude bundles and accessories and is not stackable with other promotions. Other restrictions may apply." Apparently the Essential 2K (2nd gen) cameras fall under the "other restrictions may apply". The customer service rep went ahead and honored the 15% discount for my troubles by way of a post-purchase refund. This resolution was appreciated. I mentioned to them that their restrictions are misleading and should be more transparent, rather than a blanket statement of "other restrictions may apply". This would save them and potential Arlo customers a lot of time.