Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I can't get any push notifications!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FotoDan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't get any push notifications!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@FotoDan wrote:

It goes wrong by not notifying me of any motion on any cameras.  I have to look at the library to see if anything is going on.  Never an alert!  

You won't see any alerts if you haven't set up the system with rules and other settings that tell the cameras and the base station what to do.

Has it ever worked? Or is this a new system?

@FotoDan wrote:

I am doing nothing but letting my system run. 

Sadly, that is not how things work. You can't just plug it in and magically receive alerts.

I assume that you have read the manual for your system and followed the instructions.

Manuals are here:

Arlo - Security Cameras and Systems

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

You will have to say a lot more than that.

What Arlo equipment do you have?

What are you doing and where does it go wrong?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
FotoDan
Aspirant
Aspirant

You will have to say a lot more than that.  OK, like what other than equipment!?

What Arlo equipment do you have?   Pro2, 4 cam sys.

What are you doing and where does it go wrong?  I am doing nothing but letting my system run.  It goes wrong by not notifying me of any motion on any cameras.  I have to look at the library to see if anything is going on.  Never an alert!  

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@FotoDan wrote:

It goes wrong by not notifying me of any motion on any cameras.  I have to look at the library to see if anything is going on.  Never an alert!  

You won't see any alerts if you haven't set up the system with rules and other settings that tell the cameras and the base station what to do.

Has it ever worked? Or is this a new system?

@FotoDan wrote:

I am doing nothing but letting my system run. 

Sadly, that is not how things work. You can't just plug it in and magically receive alerts.

I assume that you have read the manual for your system and followed the instructions.

Manuals are here:

Arlo - Security Cameras and Systems

Just another user
FotoDan
Aspirant
Aspirant

MichaelKenward, thank you!  Finally something makes sense.  And this is the first time I have seen any manuals.  I'll read it and hopefully get set up correctly.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Manuals no longer turn up in the box with the hardware. They don't even supply CDs with software and documents. Help file? Mostly useless.

Just another user