Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mike1031
Tutor
Tutor

I'm using the basic Arlo camera and for the last few weeks, I've had horrible service from 1am - 4am EST every night. During that time, motion notifications are extremely delayed and when I try to watch the camera live, it starts and stops every few seconds. It's not a wi-fi issue, as the videos record nice and clear with no interruptions.  It's clearly an issue with the Arlo service or their servers.  Everything runs fine with no interruptions all day long, only during this 1-4am window do I run into issues.  It's becoming a major aggrivation and it's completely unnacceptable in this day and age. I'm looking for an explanation as to why such poor service.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Put a complaint into Netgear Support ( link is below at bottom of page )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mike1031,

Have you tried rebooting your base station when you experience this behavior? Are you still experiencing this every night?

JamesC

mike1031
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, still experiencing every night.  Sometimes it's only for a couple minutes, other times it's for 1-2 hours. Case and point, it's currently 1:55 AM and I haven't been able to watch live for the past 70 minutes. It has nothing to do with the base station. If I let the camera record on motion, the video is clear and there are no issues.  However, during these "blackouts" if I try to watch live through the app.. it just says "Please Wait" and it eventually times out.  It's clearly some issue with your servers.  It never happens during the day, only at night between 12-4 EST.  It's embarassing that a company of your size provides a product that is this unreliable.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mike1031,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC