Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Homebase vmb3000 won’t reset or connect

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rsa427
Follower
Follower

Hi,

Moved to a new address. Went into my account and deleted all. Tried to reset my ##homebase 3000 but it won’t reset. Tried to add to my Arlo account, and it never finds the Internet. I don’t know how it expects to connect to the Internet if it doesn’t ask me to select which one and enter the password. I don’t know why the reset won’t work. I hold in the reset button but it never flashes or reboots

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When moving as well as using a base or hub for the cameras, you never need to delete and re-add the system. Since the base uses Ethernet to connect to the router and then to the servers, all you have to do is plug the base into power and connect the Ethernet cable to your router and all should work immediately.

However, since you did remove all devices, we need to know what the LEDs on the base are showing. It should show green power and Internet and either off or solid amber on the Camera LED. If the latter is green, perhaps you deleted the base after turning it off in the old home so hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber (>10 seconds) and then try to claim it again.

The other possibility is that the Internet LED is off or amber which indicates a different issue.