Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with existing Arlo cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MBProven
Follower
Follower

We recently moved into a new house. This house has Arlo cameras installed. I have no idea if they're operational or not. How can I verify if they work before I sign up for an Arlo account?

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Not easy, you could take them down and see if they show any led blinking behaviour when you operate the sync button.

Some cameras require a arlo Base station unit connected by Ethernet to the local router modem for internet.

Cameras etc may still be locked to the previous owners arlo account so you would need the owner to release them. They may be able to explain what was installed.

Look for the model numbers under the base and inside the camera battery compartment or under the camera.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It may be possible with a factory reset of the device.

There are certain models that will need a base station to connect to with an ethernet cable to the router. 

Here is a link on how to factory reset the devices:

How to factory reset Arlo devices

If you are able to factory reset the device, you can find all the instructions on set up within the Arlo app on the iOS/Android app or at https://my.arlo.com/

This is the link to the different plans that are offered. What Arlo subscription plans and cloud recording options are available?

If you have any questions about any of the devices, please provide the type of camera it is and we would be more than happy to further assist. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BrookeN wrote:

It may be possible with a factory reset of the device.

"May" being a key word.  If the previous owner still has the cameras in their Arlo Account, it might not be possible to on-board them to a new account.