Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Barc
Luminary
Luminary

After many hours of scouring the internet and trying everything I could, I finally found a resolution that worked for me. I went to the Intel website (intel-driver-support-assistant), downloaded and installed the latest Intel Graphics drivers, rebooted my laptop, and voila, my library videos now play perfectly not only in Edge, but for the very first time, in Chrome as well.

I hope this works for everyone experiencing this same issue.

Best of luck!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Barc
Luminary
Luminary

I agree.  Is there a way to merge the two threads?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Barc
Luminary
Luminary

Never mind.  The issue is back.  😡

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try doing it this way and see if it helps?

1) Go into the library

2) Click the 3 dots on the video you want to view, choose share

3) Choose, copy link

4) Open a new tab in Edge

5) In the new tab, right click in the address bar and choose Paste and Go

Also here is a few troublshooting steps:

If live streaming is not playing on Microsoft Edge, you can try the following123:

• Go into Settings and Site Permissions. From the sub-menu on the right, select Insecure Content. In the Allow section, click the box marked Add and type in the URL of the site you are having problems with. Click Add again and see if the video now plays.
  • Disable all the browser extensions.
  • Clear Edge browsing data. Open Edge and go to Settings; Click on Privacy, search and services; Under Clear browsing data, click Choose what to clear; Under Time range, change it to From beginning; Drag the slider to the end and check all the options; Click Clean Now.
Barc
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you for the recommendations.  I tried them all, but unfortunately, the problem persists.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Barc wrote:

Thank you for the recommendations.  I tried them all, but unfortunately, the problem persists.

Not sure if you already told us this, so forgive me if you already provided the info.

What processor chip is in the PC(s)?  It is clear that @Crosshair's problem with playback is linked to the lack of hardware support for HEVC in the PCs.  Microsoft obviously changed something in a recent update - either a bug, or intentionally removing their software HEVC decoder.

Your problem might be different of course. 

Barc
Luminary
Luminary

My laptop has:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz 1.19 GHz

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Barc wrote:

My laptop has:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz 1.19 GHz

I replied on this thread:

I suggest just using one thread.

Barc
Luminary
Luminary

I agree.  Is there a way to merge the two threads?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Barc wrote:

Is there a way to merge the two threads?

Mods can, users can't.