Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Feed is blank

Discussion stats
Aashishkebab
Apprentice
Apprentice

Screenshot_20231022-111219.png

Yes I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (which support has advised me to do 12 times for various issues I've had).

Nothing in the new Arlo app works. NOTHING. Even support chats will get reset if you leave the app and come back, leaving you to start a new chat. Abd the file attachment button is broken.

You get random error messages when you sign in because of arbitrary max limits to trusted devices. Sometimes the service is down and you can't log in.

There's no good way to change which camera is on what plan (for example, if I want to take my doorbell off of Secure Plus and instead put it on my indoor camera, I don't see a way).

I also had Google Home integration broken until I RENAMED my devices and then renamed them back (and regardless there were errors messages galore).

But worst of all, the Feed randomly stopped working and isn't showing any videos. So my security cameras are completely and utterly useless. I don't think I've seen such a high level of incompetence from any other security company, ever. Or really any company that makes any products of any kind.

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports of this behavior. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

102 REPLIES 102
JULSHUKOVSKY
Tutor
Tutor

Suddenly since last week, when I try to look at the videos in my feed, they are no longer showing up.  I get notfications & the app shows the new activity in my feed, but there is no video.  Rather, It says "Label" and shows no video.  It all worked fine before last week.  What happened and how can I get videos back?   Does this have to fo with the app update to version 4.9.1 eff 10/4/2023? We have 3 Arlo 4 cameras and an Arlo doorbell.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JULSHUKOVSKY wrote:

Suddenly since last week, when I try to look at the videos in my feed, they are no longer showing up.  I get notfications & the app shows the new activity in my feed, but there is no video.  

Did the subscription expire?

Vkyboo
Initiate
Initiate

I am getting the same screen when I try to see feeds. It just says ‘Label’  

I am using different devices to access, including a new phone, and get the same thing. I have restarted the app and each device with no luck.

Pookiecrisp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve been experiencing the same issue. Even restarted the device and no luck. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you subscriptions expire by chance?

JULSHUKOVSKY
Tutor
Tutor

I found out the problem.  My access is granted via my husband’s main account.   He got a new phone and the settings changed to stop my being able to view the videos in the feed. Once he changed the settings in his app, I now have access to the videos.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That's wonderful news. Glad you are able to see the videos again. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When you get the random error message, what error are you seeing? May I get screenshots of the error as well as how many trusted devices you have. 

In regards to the subscription, your current plan supports up to 5 devices. The cameras should not need to be moved around as they all have the same benefits on the subscription plan. Unless you are referring to CVR. If so, the doorbell will not be compatible with CVR, only the current indoor camera: https://kb.arlo.com/1018425

For your live feed questions are you on the latest Android Arlo app version 4.9.1? Is this issue occurring on the web portal as well?

Aashishkebab
Apprentice
Apprentice

"your current plan supports up to 5 devices"

No it doesn't. It supports a single camera. There are two options, getting the plan for one camera or getting it for unlimited cameras.

"Is this issue occurring on the web portal as well?"

Yes. It's because I had deleted my old doorbell (after buying a new one) and naming them the same, Arlo, being the buggiest piece of crap ever, got confused and cancelled my feed until I also remembered to CANCEL the subscription and start a new one.

Borting
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue. Unlike the other commenter, I am the only user on the account.  My feed shows several still frames of motion alerts (so it appears to be working fine) but I can’t play any of them so it is useless.

my free trial subscription ends tomorrow, and obviously I won’t be signing up given there is so little support

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the app or web client? Have you tried both? If using the app, which one? What phone and OS version? What have you tried, including downloading videos to see if they play? Have you tried the free VLC player to see if that works?

Also, specifically which cameras? This is in the original camera section for cameras that use 4 CR123 batteries.

BeccaSO
Tutor
Tutor

My arlo app captures video footage of movement and alerts me, but when I try to view a video in the feed, I get a blank screen that just says “label” and no video playback. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Sounds like the camera video encoder has locked up, try resetting the camera by pulling the battery for 10sec.

If the camera has been zoomed in using the camera video settings then this will recur frequently so you should reset it back to full size.

If the camera is Ac powered you can turn off the power for 60sec and repower to reset the camera video encoder.

This has been a known arlo firmware issue since early 2019.

BeccaSO
Tutor
Tutor

We tried powering off the camera and re-adding the device to the network but I am still unable to view any recoded footage in the “feed” tab. 

we checked my settings for access to all the cameras and that does not appear to be the issue. 

have others experienced this issue of seeing no video and the word “label” when trying to view a recording from your feed?

BeccaSO
Tutor
Tutor

I have been having the same issue described in this thread. I can view videos recorded in the feed if I download them. That seems like a major flaw to the application if you have to download every recording just to view it instead of viewing it in the app, which is the expected functionality.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are currently looking into this, we will reach out as soon as we have an update. 

Grinch777
Guide
Guide

Just purchase new a Samsung Galaxy A8 tablet and I have a problem with the Arlo app playback!

On all 5 cameras the Live View plays but recorded files, although they show a still, do not play back only a blank screen.

Over the past two weeks I have tried everything I can think of, reinstall app and check settings, but nothing works. The App on the PC works OK as does my Galaxy A22 mobile phone, I need some help and advice. Where am I going wrong?

Thank you.

toorad2b4u
Initiate
Initiate

Just wanted to add that I am having the same issue.

The feed actually works fine on my phone but on my mom's phone, which I share the access to, she recently about a month ago stopped being able to see the videos in the feed.

It still notifies her, and she can still see the thumbnail image, but the actual video does not work and there is just the word "label" as others have mentioned. I have updated her phone, deleted and reinstalled three times, logged in and out, all to no avail. We have the same kind of phone (iphone 13). 

I hope this fix this issue soon.

Aashishkebab
Apprentice
Apprentice

No you aren't, and no you won't.

I don't mean to be rude, but seriously, nothing ever gets fixed with Arlo, it just keeps getting worse and worse.

I seriously have never had as bad an experience with any product stack from any company in any category, ever, as Arlo.

It is literally the worst thing I've ever dealt with. And the support is quite bad as well.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are currently looking into this behavior you are seeing. We will update as soon as possible, 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you please try to see if you are able to see your feed now? 

Aashishkebab
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am because I figured out, myself, months ago, a workaround due to a bug in your system.

brainpicnic
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same symptoms. Everything was working fine now it isn't. I can still view the videos on a desktop through the website, but the app stopped loading the videos it just spins.

I've tried reinstalling the app, logging out and in, trying to access via Library (results in "buffering" forever.

The other problem is that my trusted device has been retired and there is no way to update to my new phone, but I found a work around by adding sms messages. This seems to be a typical problem with all the security obstacles on sites these days.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@brainpicnic sign out of the account and back in and see if that changes the behavior you are seeing. The feed should be visible now.