Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Jake55
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the new Arlo Secure v4.3 app, after watching the first video I can’t back out to view next video without closing and relaunching app. Older version of the app had a < back button. 

Update, looks like this issue currently effect iPads with Arlo Secure v4.3. iPhone 7 and 8 have back button < in upper left corner. I have iPad Pro 10.5 (iOS 16.3.1) and iPad Air (4th gen) (iOS 16.3.1) that are affected.

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be that you're using the iOS app? My Android app is at 4.2.5. The different apps may operate somewhat differently. In any event, when viewing a video, I use the "x" at the top left of the video (have to tap to get it to display) to close that video so can view another.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

It may be that you're using the iOS app? My Android app is at 4.2.5. The different apps may operate somewhat differently. In any event, when viewing a video, I use the "x" at the top left of the video (have to tap to get it to display) to close that video so can view another.

I am seeing the back control on my iPhone 12 mini, but I have seen posts from other iPhone users who haven't. 

@Jake55:  If you rotate the phone, does that change the behavior?  Perhaps try all four orientations. 

Jake55
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appear that the arlo feed back button does appear on iPad in portraits but not in landscape view. This a good workaround until it fix in landscape view.

Lgentine
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone know how the get the back button back in the upper left corner to go back to the feed.  I have to turn my ipad to portrait mode to see it?

Lgentine
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue on my ipad.  Hoping they will fix it soon.

Trasher74
Tutor
Tutor

If I am watching a video in my “feed” in landscape mode on my iPad, there is no back button.  I have to rotate the iPad into the portrait position to go back.  I consider this a software issue, and haven’t figured out any other way to report it.

dancohn
Tutor
Tutor

I have my iPad in landscape mode. When I’m done playing a video from the library, I have to rotate the iPad back to portrait mode so the back arrow becomes visible. Is there any other way to go back? I haven’t found one.

This seems like a defect with the app. The same problem exists on the iPhone. You have to rotate back to portrait before you can return to the library screen. This may be by design for the phone app (?) but it’s extremely annoying on the iPad which is frequently used in landscape mode and sitting on a table (e.g., with a wireless keyboard).

It would be great if Arlo could comment on this. Is there a fix planned?

Larry053
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I view and an event from my feed, there is no way to close the event.  The only way out is to delete the event.  I am having the same issue on both of my iPads but works on my android phone.  I’ve deleted the app, reinstalled and I’m running the latest upgrade on the iPads.   The system was working fine a few weeks ago.  I let my subscription lapse and since I renewed I’m having this problem.   The 3 cameras are the Pro 4s.  iPad is running 15.7.6.

Customer service and chat have both been unsuccessful.

Larry053
Aspirant
Aspirant

Larry053_0-1685561535054.png

A screen shot of an event.

dtheo
Tutor
Tutor

Try rotating your iPad to portrait mode. Return button “<“ will be shown in upper left of screen.

Larry053
Aspirant
Aspirant

That’s it!!!  Thank you.  I’d about given up.