Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arlo618
Star
Star

I've been using Arlo services for a few years, since their earlier days. 

I have 15 cameras on my subscription total (a mix of Ultras, Ultra 2s, Pro 3s and Pro 2s), two Arlo bases, two light bridges and four lights. Plus a DVR plan.

I always felt that Arlo were so ahead of their times, had a great product and services, listened to their users... But then they sold out. 

First they killed the free servers and started subscription only.  OK understandable.  I went with it.  Then started messing with the grandfathered subscriptions.  Ok, fine.  Then they killed app with a re-design.  Then they got rid of camera web view, then the in-app notifications... Now they deleted the email notifications.

Just like they're announcing end of life for their products, starting today, I'm phasing out my use of Arlo.  I've cancelled my DVR subscription and at the end of the month I will cancel the rest of my camera subscription plan.  

My new choice is Eufy.  They have better products, they listen to their users, they implement new functionalities in app, they have innovative products and features.  Not too mention - they have free plans and no subscription required.

Good bye, Arlo. Too bad you didn't care about your user base and died.  

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Sad to see another arlo user is moving on. I will likely do the same come Christmas next year when the pro2 becomes EOL or earlier if arlo forces the hopeless new UI app on everyone.

Afraid that you may not escape from arlo that easily, many users continue to complain that arlo keeps charging your CC long after your gone and you can’t contact them since you don’t have a subscription plan.

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just submitted a complaint and a review at the Better Business Bureau 

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/carlsbad/profile/security-cameras/arlo-1126-1000061663

my complaint was regarding stopping email notifications, and of course how they lied to me about video verification!!!! amongst just their overall way of doing business.