Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Devices keep disconnecting from base station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Seattle_scott
Aspirant
Aspirant

My devices are constantly disconnecting fro the base station, and two of them are within 20 ft and line of site. I’ve reset every one of my cameras multiple times and cannot keep the cameras running. It’s chronic. Half the time when I login to the phone app it says the base station and or multiple cameras are offline. Do these things actually work? I can’t access them half the time from my own network, even wired. Rest of the network is fine and I’m on business class high speed internet plan with comcast.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Seattle_scott 

Are all your devices disconnecting at the same time?

Seattle_scott
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry for the late reply. They usually drop off one or two at a time. It’s very common for me to login and see one or more cameras missing. Sometimes I can remove the batteries and put them back and it will come back, but often I have to disconnect the camera, reset it, and go through the reconnect process again.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Seattle_scott wrote:

They usually drop off one or two at a time. It’s very common for me to login and see one or more cameras missing.

How far are they from the base station?  What signal strength are you seeing when they do connect?

If the cameras are close to the base, then there might be wifi interference from your normal wifi network.  So if the base is right next to the router, try moving it further away (as far as the cable will reach).