Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot connect cameras to eero 6 - I think its an eero problem

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
parker2
Guide
Guide

I received an eero 6 from my isp to replace an old router that failed.   I have two cameras an Arlo Essential vmc2030 and an Arlo Pro 4.  They connected fine to the old router with no problems.  I installed the eero and updated its firmware.   All of our PC's connected fine.  I could not get either of the cameras to connect to the eero network.  My Roku TV streaming device could connect but it did not work reliably and the network test on the roku said I had no internet connection which was not entirely accurate, but the connection was flakey.   I spent over 2 hours on the line with my isp and cruising various on line resources including the erro site and Arlo community posts trying to get the cameras to connect.   I paused 5G, I tried to use the eero guest SSID, i tried naming the guest network with the same SSID and pw as my previous network.   Nothing worked.

I had a Linksys EA8100 router in a box that I had never used, cracked that open, connected it and boom, everything worked.   Both cameras connected on first try, roku works great.

I see people complaining about their Arlo cameras not working with eero.   The eero is a newer product.  So in my opinion the problem is the eero router.   It is not backward compatible to these devices I had running in my house for a year or more before putting in the eero.   

I sent the eero back and am very happy with my Linksys.

0 REPLIES 0