Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't sync second camera - base station sync light won't blink

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
apepke
Follower
Follower

First camera synced just fine.  Base station sync light stayed on (solid) though.   Tried to sync second camera.  Held sync light on base 2 seconds (then tried again for 4 -6 seconds) and it won't start blinking. It just stays solid green.  When I push sync on second camera, I get the slow blue, then amber.  I think because the base station sync isn't searching/blinking. What to do?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Short press the base sync button, <1 second. 

Spiritof76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spent almost two hours trying to fix issue after upgrading my cable modem.  Had to do multiple hard resets (using red button on back of unit).  Make sure you wait until all lights blink amber then stop.  Once they stop, turn off the unit using the power button.  Next remove the base station and all of the cameras from your profile.  After you have no more devices, power back on the base station and wait for the first two lights to turn green.  At this point, add the base station back on to your profile using the Android or iPhone app.  Next, select the add device on your app and push the sync button on the base station for about a second; just long enough to get the third light to start blinking.  Once the base sync light is blinking green, go ahead and push the sync button on your first camera. Wait until it finishes syncing (which will turn the base station's sync light green).  At this point, you should be able to add the remainder of your camera's per the manual.  

What a pain!!! But this did resolve all of my issues.