Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't register product

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tEcHNAmy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought a new ARLO HD WIRELESS security camera system and when I tried to register it and received the message "the serial

number has already been registered in our system by a support representative."

My serial number is: 48946C75AD74E

Help.......

Thank you - tEcHNAmy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tEcHNAmy,

I believe I may have misunderstood your original post. When you finish setup with your Arlo system it is automatically registered. You do not need to register the device again on my.netgear.com. You had already completed the setup process which is why you were seeing that error message.

Please let me know if you're still experiencing any issues or need further clarification.

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Any chance you bought a refurbished system?

I'd bought a refurbished system that was still registered to previous owner.

I had to conact tecnical support, email them proof of purchase.  They then cleared it and I was able to register it.

tEcHNAmy
Aspirant
Aspirant

No it's new. I purchased it from my local Sams Club recently. Thanks for the info though.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tEcHNAmy,

Be sure the device you are using to complete set up is on the same network as the base station.

If you are still having trouble, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

tEcHNAmy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will do. Thank you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tEcHNAmy,

I believe I may have misunderstood your original post. When you finish setup with your Arlo system it is automatically registered. You do not need to register the device again on my.netgear.com. You had already completed the setup process which is why you were seeing that error message.

Please let me know if you're still experiencing any issues or need further clarification.

JamesC

tEcHNAmy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I actually confirmed that yesterday after reaching out via live chat. I did indeed regstered when I set up the system initially. Thank you for your help and suggestions.