Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't pair cameras through app - pressing sync but no blue light

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ARain
Aspirant
Aspirant

As above really. Trying to pair my cameras through the app but when I press and hold sync there is no blue flashing light and the app can't find any devices. 

I have put new batteries in the cameras and none of the 3 come up with a blue light when I press sync.

Base station is synced to app fine. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What cameras and base? For all but the oldest/original cameras, remove the battery and look at the label for VMCxxxx. For the base, check the bottom label for VMBxxxx.

It would seem that you're using older cameras but I can't be sure until you respond to the above questions. There should be a brief blue flash on the camera when first inserting the battery. When syncing the camera, briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it - and then the camera sync button. You don't need to hold the camera button - when the LED starts flashing slow blue, you've held it long enough.

If there's no blue flash when inserting the battery (or closing the battery door on the original camera that uses 4 CR123 batteries), there's no power applied so nothing will work. Ensure the batteries are charged (Pro and Pro 2) or that you've just lightly placed the batteries in there slots and let the cover do the pushing (original wireless).

ARain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Thanks for your reply!

The cameras are VMC3030 and the base is VMB3500

I have put brand new batteries in the cameras so should be fully charged! But no I get absolutely no lights even when i put batteries in or when i press the sync button. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That implies you're pushing the batteries into place so they're not making contact with the battery cover. Just lightly place them in the slots without pushing (so they stick out slightly) and then close the cover. That should solve the issue unless there's an actual hardware problem.