Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't edit modes

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
wysocki2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently I went to edit some of the modes I had set up for a long time, but there was no icon for me to click on any of the modes (except "Schedule"). What happened to the clickable icon for editing and how do I get them back?

wysocki2_0-1656876444661.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wysocki2
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLVED!

ShaneS found the problem in a PM. I actually had set up one of my alternate email addresses as a user at some point in time and somehow changed my login to that email address (which doesn't have editing rights).

Thanks, Shane!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Choose the mode you want to edit.  There should be an ">" that appears.  Select that, and you will see a delete mode at the bottom of the screen.

wysocki2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Umm, if you notice the image I posted, you'll see that there are no ">" on any modes other than "Schedule". Even clicking on any mode does not make ">" appear.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wysocki2 wrote:

Umm, if you notice the image I posted, you'll see that there are no ">" on any modes other than "Schedule". Even clicking on any mode does not make ">" appear.

FWIW, I am able to edit custom modes on my own system in the web browser (just checked with Edge).

Have you confirmed that the base is online?

I am also wondering if perhaps you are using a friend account???

wysocki2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Glad to hear your system works.

Base is online, all is working well other than this issue.

I'm the only login account. Have been for years.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wysocki2 wrote:

Base is online, all is working well other than this issue.

I'm the only login account. Have been for years.

Is the behavior different in the app?

wysocki2
Aspirant
Aspirant

App on my Galaxy S10 appears the same.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wysocki2 wrote:

App on my Galaxy S10 appears the same.

Odd.  Have you tried restarting the base?

wysocki2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just powered down/up. Same results.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wysocki2 wrote:

Just powered down/up. Same results.

I guess you could wait and see if the mods want to investigate further - @JamesC or @ShayneS

Another option is the nuclear one - remove everything from the account, and then add it all back. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @wysocki2

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

wysocki2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, yes.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the app are you using?

Have you tried clearing the cache on this browser? Have you tried on any other browsers as well? 

wysocki2
Aspirant
Aspirant

The editing links are missing when using several browsers from multiple computers, as well as on the Arlo app on my Galaxy S10. The app version there is 3.6.8_28460.

Clearing cache has no effect. The only editing link ">" appears on the "Schedule" mode (as shown in my initial post's image).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you happen to be logged in as a granted access user account vs the primary? 

wysocki2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm logged in as the ONLY person, no other grants or users. It's been working well for years.

(on another note, speaking of logins, why doesn't this website honor the "keep me logged in checkbox". I get timed out and have to resupply my login info every time.)

wysocki2
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLVED!

ShaneS found the problem in a PM. I actually had set up one of my alternate email addresses as a user at some point in time and somehow changed my login to that email address (which doesn't have editing rights).

Thanks, Shane!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

No Problem : )