Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras trigger but do not record video unless smart notification is detected

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mili
Aspirant
Aspirant

Suddenly my cameras have stopped recording video unless I have received a notification with Smart Notifications active. I can see the cameras triggering but there is no video recorded. It used to be that it would always record a video regardless of if it sent a notification or not when using the Smart Notifications. Has this changed? And why is then called Smart Notifications as it has nothing to do with notifications? I hope what I'm seeing is some sort of bug and not a change because that would be awful since it very frequently misses things in smart mode. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mili
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems like it was a bug after all since rebooting both of my base stations solved the problem. The one camera that didn't do anything is still bugged and might need a reboot as well, but I can't get to it in the snow. Very odd that rebooting the bases solved it since it was working as long as it detected a person in Smart Notifications but not otherwise. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mili wrote:

Suddenly my cameras have stopped recording video unless I have received a notification with Smart Notifications active.

1. Are you getting notifications but no recordings?  Or missing both notifications and recordings?
  2. Do you use activity zones?
  3. Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming?
Mili
Aspirant
Aspirant

1. Getting notifications and recordings for those notifications but no recordings for activities that do not have notifications, I have Smart Notifications to only notify for people. 

2. No activity zones

3. Manual works. 

When doing some more testing I noticed that one camera actually doesn't do anything even do it is armed, but it still works manually. This is different than the other problem though but maybe they are somehow related.

Mili
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems like it was a bug after all since rebooting both of my base stations solved the problem. The one camera that didn't do anything is still bugged and might need a reboot as well, but I can't get to it in the snow. Very odd that rebooting the bases solved it since it was working as long as it detected a person in Smart Notifications but not otherwise. 

latat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I have rebooted the base station twice. Still no recording for over a week now. I guess I will reboot the hub and all the cameras again and hope it works. I was working flawlessly until a week ago.

Mili
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was about the same time as it stopped working for me as well after having been flawless for quite a while. Maybe there was some sort of update that has messed things up. 
I did the reboot of the base from the app, if that helps. 

latat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I have rebooted the base station multiple times. I have rebooted all the cameras. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I really don’t know what else to do. I guess the last step is unplugging everything and rebooting that way. If it doesn’t work, I will be contacting support.