Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera went offline; blinking amber light on camera

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
blankpage
Follower
Follower

One of my five Arlo cameras went offline. I have verified that it is not a bluetooth connection issue. Battery was fine just before the camera went offline. On inspection, the camera has a blinking amber light. I cannot find what that means. Anybody know?? Any suggestions as to what is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

snip... I have verified that it is not a bluetooth connection issue. Battery was fine just before the camera went offline. On inspection, the camera has a blinking amber light. I cannot find what that means. Anybody know?? Any suggestions as to what is going on?

FYI, not bluetooth, but the cameras run on wifi , 2.4gh 802.11n

As to your question, if the amber light is flashing on the camera it is an indicator the batteries are low.  If if was outside, bring in the camera, let it return to room temp  for an hour/two and then open and close the battery door...( there is a problem netgear is working on re false reading of batteries and cold temp ).

If batteries read normal, all is well... if batteries are still low, then replace them.

info;

Cam info led.JPG

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ant
Mentor
Mentor

blankpage wrote:

One of my five Arlo cameras went offline. I have verified that it is not a bluetooth connection issue. Battery was fine just before the camera went offline. On inspection, the camera has a blinking amber light. I cannot find what that means. Anybody know?? Any suggestions as to what is going on?

Blinking amber light under the base station's camera logo means weak wireless signal with the camera(s). See https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-Do-The-LEDs-On-My-Arlo-Base-Station-Mean/t... ...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

snip... I have verified that it is not a bluetooth connection issue. Battery was fine just before the camera went offline. On inspection, the camera has a blinking amber light. I cannot find what that means. Anybody know?? Any suggestions as to what is going on?

FYI, not bluetooth, but the cameras run on wifi , 2.4gh 802.11n

As to your question, if the amber light is flashing on the camera it is an indicator the batteries are low.  If if was outside, bring in the camera, let it return to room temp  for an hour/two and then open and close the battery door...( there is a problem netgear is working on re false reading of batteries and cold temp ).

If batteries read normal, all is well... if batteries are still low, then replace them.

info;

Cam info led.JPG

Morse is faster than texting!
Roses196
Aspirant
Aspirant
The same thing is happening to me. I've called twice and Netgear hasn't told me that this is an issue. This is good to know. I think I'm going to return the Pro, buy another regular Arlo camera and call it a day.
solamour
Aspirant
Aspirant

The amber light blinking twice does indicate low battery, but what I also found was that even though the battery is full when checked by another camera, it might still show up as low battery. I don't know the exact reason, but I think perhaps one of the contacts between the camera and the battery is not making a solid connection.

Try pulling out the battery and inserting it a few times until you see the blue light, if you know for sure the battery is not empty. Wiping the contacts with lint-free cotton cloth might help as well.

__

sol

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Better yet, simply place the batteries in the slots but don't push down.  Let the battery door do the work.