Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera does not synchronise with bast station anymore VMC3030

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Giny74
Follower
Follower

Hi everyone,

We have 5 Arlo VMC3030 cameras around our house. And they all worked perfectly for many years.

One week a go, 1 camera did not react to movements anymore.
Removed and recharged the batteries. Tried to sync with the base station. Got just 1 blue light.
Not the multiple blue flickering like it supposed to be doing. Basestation did not react also.

Changed the batteries with a camera that still works perfectly. No new results. Just 1 time a blue light and that's it.

Restarted the basestation but no new results. 
Wifi is not the problem.

What to do now?

I read something about EOL for these type of cameras.... Is that true?
What should we then do with the existing cameras which still work fine? Do we have to buy now just 1 new camera? But will it interact with our current basestation?

Lot of questions.. i know...

Thanks for all of your answers!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

EOLed cameras still work as before. 

What are the LEDs on the base showing? The camera should blink blue briefly when power is applied but then should blink rapid blue after several seconds when the camera connects to the base. Since that's not happening, you may have to remove all devices from your account and start fresh, as if new, starting with the base. To sync the cameras, just briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it - and then a camera button. I've done this with cameras in place so you don't necessarily have to remove them to sync unless there's an issue.