Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CAUGHT A CREEP !!! Need date /time stamps on downloaded video - no screenprints or EPOCH !!!

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Needhelpplz
Luminary
Luminary

Just caught a trespasser PHOTOGRAPHING THE WINDOWS OF MY HOUSE  to see if I was home!

ARLO captured very CREEPY, INCRIMINATING  videos that I need the Court to see...in their entirety...with Date/Time stamps on each video.  The videos were taken 10/23/2020. I have a Premier subscription...so they will be gone in 30 days. 

Need to download these videos onto my computer hard drive WITH THE DATE AND TIME STAMP preserved.  Downloads with the EPOCH stamp, requiring conversion, will not help. EPOCH to Date/Time Stamp or the concept of metadata are "too scientific"  and confusing to the "average person". Neither give a "simple & clean rendition"  of when this crime took place.

Also, EPOCH gives the defense attorney a reason to question the validity of the conversion methodology and a way to try to get the videos thrown out!  Downloaded video with the Date and Time Stamp on each will end THAT argument! 

Screenprints (suggested in the ARLO Community earlier) do not truly capture the creepiness of what this guy was doing... as he ran from my front yard to my backyard over and over. The length of time he was absent from video view is also not as "real" with just screenprints. Seeing the videos in their entirety... with the Date and Times... tells the true story!

How can I download these ARLO videos and preserve the Date and Time Stamps  on them? I am using a 64-byte

HP laptop with Windows 10 and Google Chrome. My Arlo firmware was just updated to 1.6.297, hardware = H7

I DO NOT have a Smartphone...only a Tracfone.  To video record the ARLO evidence (also suggested in the ARLO Community) onto the Tracfone will produce a VERY SMALL picture where the Date and Time Stamps will not be visible, even if ZOOMED larger!

Please help me catch this creep!

Thanks,

NEEDHELPPLZ

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the library, click on the 3 dots under the video you want to download and choose Download.  The video will be placed in your normal download folder. The filename is the timestamp in epoch time (the number of seconds since 12:00AM January 1, 1970). You can use the various Internet epoch time converters to see the human-readable timestamp. Use of the video's properties (right-click on the video and choose Properties at the bottom) will also show the date and time in Details as found in the video's metadata.

Be sure to download ALL needed videos at once so you don't lose them as the library deletes videos according to your plan.